Sony HAP Z1ES or tablet with DAC

I have finally decided to move all my CDs into a HDD files and after paying a few hundred bucks to a friend's high school kid for converting my library of 1300 CDs with my specific instructions to use EAC and FLAC - I am looking to get a "perfect" server.

To me "perfect" for this particular need would be something like Sony HAP Z1ES - since it has great reviews (so sound quality is no.1 ) but also it has balanced outputs for my pre-amp and a small screen that would allow me to browse all my collection with relative ease.

For me those functions are very important - as I have instructed the kid to automatically download all CD metadata, including the cover art....
However, I am also thinking that I could connect my HDD to a 7inch tablet which would then connect to a good DAC - however, I am not sure this is possible as all tablets come with either HDMI or single USB so once I connect external HDD...there is no way to send digital signal to the DAC.....is anyone aware of tablet with 2 USB ports ?
Any other solutions ?

Any other servers that would rival Sony and have larger (minimum 4inch ) display ?

Thank you!
Ag insider logo xs@2xether
With the HAP-Z1ES, additional memory can be added via USB.  For example, a multi-TB drive to expand the stock 1 TB hard drive.  The Sony retrieves music files automatically from a computer, which in my case is located away from the music room.  I've loaded my CDs to the computer, and the Sony has relocated them to its hard drive.  They are backed up, in other words, on my computer at all times because the music files had to be saved first to my computer before the Sony will retrieve those files.  Hope that makes sense.  It works well and sounds quite good, although I'm pondering the ModWright or perhaps a better DAC, which can also now (thanks to Sony firmware update) be used via USB.
Sony sounds like a great choice... question to the users; to use the tablet as a remote....are you connecting via Bluetooth or wi-fi?

The Sony app works via WiFi on tablet devices.  I use both iPad and iPhone as a remote. The Sony can also be powered on/off with the app.  Music selection is convenient via the app and quite easy to use. I especially like the search function on the app, which allows for easy location of album, artist, or song.
turn on and off via app? that's cool.
my main system is in the dedicated basement section but looking to somehow "merge" my digital server with my living room system (Marantz AVR).
If I was to place the SONY in the basement (connected to pre-amp via XLR) and then run CAT6 cable from SONY to the Marantz receiver - would I be able to access all the files from Sony unit ?
I know my Marantz has wireless and wired connectivity...so I assume the communication protocol would be compatible between Sony and Marantz ?
CAT6 cable's not going to help.  Sony HAP-Z1ES has no digital outputs other than USB. But there are both RCA and XLR outputs . . .