Dielectric grease on connection ends

I was changing a coil on one of my bikes earlier, and as always, applied a light film of dielectric grease on the coil outputs, and on the spark plug boots. A thought occurred to me that this may be a valid application in audio connections as well. A small amount applied with a cotton swab to bananas/spades/rca's etc. may help, and I'm thinking about giving it a go. Was wondering if this has been tried by any other members, and thoughts on the pro/con aspects.
128x128crazyeddy

@atmasphere 

Yes, that is absolutely correct, which is why it is a procedure I follow diligently, but I can only think there would be no negative aspects in our low voltage audio gear. I have noticed that periodic removal/replacing audio connections has a positive effect. Oxidization/micro arcing/ whatever, I don't know why, I'm not an EE. So, why not apply a light film. Aside from over application and leaving a mess, what could it harm. Just asking.

So why would you avoid it? I'm not being argumentative atmosphere, but would like to know what your thoughts are on any negatives.

It's a dielectric. That's the opposite of what I'd want on my audio connections.
Cleeds is right. Why put a dielectric on contact points? If you're worried about your connectors, clean them. There's several products on the market designed to do just that.