Will a new sub sound better than my Velodyne F1200?

For music only...

I have a Velodyne F1200 (early 1990s model) and I have a Velodyne SMS-1 parametric EQ driving it. The F1200 is a sealed 12 inch servo sub. I think it's limited to 125W or so. 

Does anyone know how a new non-servo sealed sub like the HSU ULS-15 MK2 would compare at normal volumes (85db peaks)? 

I feel like my system is lacking punch and speed with the kick drum... it's a little slow a fat sounding, even though I've got my phase and equalization dialed in. One thought I have is that the SMS-1 adds a delay, and I'm assuming a servo sub might add even more delay, so even though phase is ok in the crossover region, the sub could be behind quite a bit in time. In fact, the sub is farther away than the mains by a couple feet, which may compound the problem.

I'm assuming the punch from a kick drum should be mostly sub, or is that up above 80hz?

sboje
Post removed 
Post removed 
+1 hgl3. I must confess to being a Velodyne whore beginning with their FSR 15 more recently the DD18 now using two DD 12 Plus'.  

But for now if adjusting the phase helped try switching the polarity. I have found some recordings with polarity differences from track to track thats noticeable in the Kick drum. Assuming the SMS has remote control and EQ presets set one to the different polarity.

I purchased one of my 12s from (I found out later) the worst third party dealer on the East coast and the other from Velodyne direct. The inferred receiver went out on the third party unit. Since Morgan Hill is just over the hill from Capitola I hand delivered it for service and it was done the next day for a ridiculously low fee.

I was fortunate to have on loan a beautifully wood crafted in the UK REL Studio III, the then newish auto EQd JL Audio F113 and my two year old DD 18 in my home at the same time. Both the REL and the JL benefited from being fed multi band EQd signal from the Velodyne. I think JL now offers multi band and REL has even nicer looking cabinets. I don't get REL at all, but hey.    

Velodyne also now makes sensors for autonomous systems.  
I'm convinced that multiple subs is superior, but I'm completely out of room on my front wall, and I don't have front corners to place the subs in. For two subs, I'd have to put one on the front wall and the other on the back wall or a back corner. I agree Bob, that two HSU units would probably be preferable to a single SVS 16.