Best female vocal recording on CD?

i am a sucker for great warm rich smooth female vocalists, especially on tube gear and speakers that image well. but i am almost always faced with a great voice/song but a sonically inferior recording (examples too numerous to list) or a great recording of a mediocre voice.  rickie lee jones (pop pop) comes to mind- fab recording, but come on lets be honest about her voice. however, i will almost always pick great recordings and leave the bad recordings for the car.

so i am asking for what you use as a reference female vocal recording/track. right now i come back tp bonnie raitt "you cant make me love you" from luck of the draw.  big, warm, strong voice. not a perfect recording. but hmmmm that voice.

my only requirement is it has to be on CD. and we all know of great vinyl that did not translate into great CDs.  so help me out here, what should be my next music purchase 
meiatflask
+1 Holy Cole, Eva Cassidy, Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson, Paula Cole, Patricia Barber, and most others mentioned.

My rotation this past week has included Lydia Gray, Anne Bisson, Vanessa Fernandez, Erin Bode, Tori Amos, Gretchen Perlato, Lhasa, Rachel Z, Karrin Allyson, Eden Brent, Patty Carpenter, Amanda Carr, Emilie-Claire Barlow, Karen Lovely, Ruthie Foster, Valerie Joyce, Stacey Kent, Ana Caram, Beth Hart, Janis Ian, Rickie Lee Jones, Josi Davis, Connie Evingson, Astrud Gilberto, Billy Lee Hart, Barbara Jungr, Katia Labeque, k.d. Lang, Allyson Krauss, Claire MArlo, Sophie Milman, Jane Monheit, The Nields (sisters), Madeleine Peyroux, Ambar Rubart, Mary Stallings, Susan Tedeschi, DAr Williams, Lucinda Williams.

All CDs. Fine voices, arrangements, performances and recording production (not heavy handed post production).  Probably a few more that I can't recall. I am retired, music plays 12-16 hours every day when I am home. I have a 4K plus CD collection (and vinyl which I rarely bother with) which is a drop in the bucket of talent. I felt guilty mentioning these folks because there are so many others. 

THE SOPRANO Arleen Auger possessed a pure-toned voice of great flexibility and absolute accuracy of intonation. She excelled in the music of Monteverdi, Bach, Gluck, Haydn, Handel and in particular of Mozart, but also sang works by 20th-century composers such as Carl Orff with great success. Also consider the amazing Dutch soprano Elly Ameling and the very fine American Barbara Bonney.  Don't let the idea that these are "Classical" artists keep you from your investigation.  Like a fine Scotch or Beer, although new and distinctive at first they will soon become favorites.   
Also, give Halie Loren - Waiting in Vain, Priscilla Ahn - Dream, Izzy Bizu - Diamond, Macy Gray - Annabelle a listen.  Some different names....