Boulder monoblock 2150

Looking at the new Stereophile Magazine. Has anyone noticed the "32 Amp IEC Cord" on the back of the amplifier?  

N
nutty

"I have no problem with extreme wealth, except with how it is corrupting our democracy."

Dave, that's where I was coming from, and I apologize to "audiophiles" for getting so far off track. My thoughts are not about one 100K amp, but about this sudden increase in the number of audiophile products in that price range; I suspect those buyers aren't even audiophiles, but people with so much excess wealth they're having trouble finding some entertaining way to spend it.

Once upon a time, while you went about your business of working, and entertaining yourself with our hobby of enjoying good sound, there were many people who worked in government agencies protecting all of us; not from some alien enemy, but criminal exploitation by "billionaires"; some of those agencies have been "hijacked" by politicians for their own personal gain.

Since audiophiles are accustomed to reading charts and graphs, they know what information is conveyed by them. These charts and graphs convey what you paid for food and gasoline over this period of time. Imagine how much you would make if you could sell gasoline for $2.00 a gallon more than what you paid for it without ever even smelling one gallon of gas.

That's what you could do if you were part of the 1% who run the politicians, and therefore this country. The CFTC is the government agency that prevents such exploitation. What if politicians could force the CFTC to look the other way while you conducted your nefarious business?

http://wealthisbeingtranfered.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/wealth-is-being-transferred-from-us-to-them/

There are factors in those charts that confirm what I have stated. Those charts are part of public record, they can not be erased.

onhwy61

I have no problem with extreme wealth, except with how it is corrupting our democracy.
I think greed is to blame for causing your complaint, not wealth.
I keep seeing this number 1% being thrown around here. 

I believe that number is actualy 0.1-0.01%.  That's who runs the country.  

With all these $100K amps, you think that the 1% can afford those?  

1% = 100K plus annual salary IIRC.  that's not who those amps are made for. 
Wonder how many have unknowingly described themselves in that 1% number?  lol

Dave
orpheus10 
Now we seem to have an abundance of 20K tonearms, and 10K cartridges, plus speakers and amps costing over 100K. Personally, I don't believe their systems sound any better than a long time audiophile's rig who has spent a lifetime obtaining the knowledge required to have a good sounding rig, while those who purchase 10K cartridges, and 100K amps are only involved in the most expensive, not necessarily the best.
If you repeat it enough, it will be TRUE!

The rich has the talent to generate wealth but can't assemble a high fidelity system.   Are you serious?    Is it brain surgery?

I've been helping a local audiophile with deep pockets assembling his 1st high end system and it sounds excellent.   He buys everything new from one local BM.  He's already planning to upgrade his 6 months brand new VAC SigMKIIa SE to a VAC Master.