Anticables: Scam?

Does anyone have any experience with Anticables products? I spent over $600 on a pair of honestly cheap-looking ICs from them and after 400 or so hours burning them in I'm hard-pressed to tell the difference between them and an old set of no name ICs built from pro cable stock and heavy metal RCA connectors.

For all I know they are made out of regular bulk copper spools in a plastic sheath and wrapped in a Slinky.
madavid0
I would like to hear what gear and other cables you are using - as
Mitch4t requested.
madavid0, please tell us what kind of equipment you are running.

Amp?
Preamp?
Speakers?
Cd player?
DAC?
Turntable?
Cartridge?
Phono preamp?
And add to that list...
- Power Cables
- Speaker Cables
- other IC’s.

One pair of Anticables will not necessarily improve the sound of an entire system - if your other cables or components are lower resolving - you will hear little in the way of improvement.

Anticables adopt a different cable architecture that can effect component perofrmance and tend to provide much better performance when used with other Anticales of the same or higher model in the audio chain. 

When used with other brands they may not provide the anticipated improvement.

Also exactly where did you install the cables...
- between a source and pre-amp?
- between the pre-amp and power amp?

We need all of the details to assist in providing advice on how to resolve your issue.

Personally, I’ve spent a long time experimenting with cables and I have found that a single cable can impair the sound quality to varying degrees by attaching it to different components. That applies to both power and interconnect cables.

Regards...
Peanut butter claims are just not comparable to audio cable claims.  
Stores' private label peanut butter is generally produced by a well-known manufacturer and there's no claim on either side of "being better than". There's a claim of being cheaper though, something that is verifiable and hard to argue against.
Jif has never tried to fool anyone by selling something as peanut butter in a jar when it is not.
In the case of a boutique cable product lines, there's a claim of non-demonstrable audible superiority and an upgrade path based on solutions to problems that are irrelevant in hifi.  This is not bias, this is scientific fact.
A blatant example is jumpers.  Or the infamous 72V DBS system.

Knowingly selling something for what it is not is a scam in my book.  It's cheating. 
If they were claiming "our cable comes in colors of your choice and is bigger than brand X, so that your hifi gear can look better and make you feel better about how it sounds", then we would have an honest proposition:  real features and real benefits that may apply to you.
I appreciate that you want to approach this from a scientifically factual basis. In this spirit I will point out that your opinion is not scientific fact, it is simply your opinion. I would be more than happy to look at any scientific data that you have in regards to Anticables making false claims. The term "scam" has a legal definition which both you and the OP are not using. The way in which both you and the OP are using the word "scam" is in a subjective and biased manner which does not adhere to its legal definition.
The OP purchased a product with the ability to return it and get his money back which he has not chosen to do at this point, that is the only verifiable  fact.
I am well familiar with lAnti's ....I know all the levels and have followed the company for years.   They first came to my attention many years ago when they got an excellent review from The Absolute Sound...they were using magnet wire at the time.   Since then they have been getting better and better using better materials, and connectors. (Silver, Xadow connectors)  I must remind everyone that all cables sound different in different systems.  Anti's are well made, sound very good and are a bargain at their price levels.  If their performance is not to your liking, return them.
Well I have to agree: my opinion is not scientific fact. really, I had no idea.

The new Reduced Dislocation Density (RDD™) Wire provides:

• An increased sense of volume
  • More "real" sounding midrange
  • Less grain noise
  • Even smoother highs (like driving on a newly blacktopped road)
  • More bass and better bass articulation
  • More exciting and involving
More bass and less grain noise? How can this happen, they have been able to reduce resistance? Decrease inductance, or both? How did they find out there’s more bass?
With every upgrades, there’s more bass. And lots of it for the dollar.  Really, it's a bargain.  trust me.