High fidelity REVEAL interconnects

For $699 HF costumer service, said it can compete with the Odin, apparently this cable is available for shipping a week before Christmas?      Agoners any opinion?
128x128jayctoy
Any one planning on trying the new Reveal power cords.  I believe they can work on amps and sources.  $999 1M.

@thankful Yes, I just ordered a pair of their 1.5 meter power cords. While I am a new voice on this thread I will not be able to say much for a while. First, I was surprised they really don’t have a stock pile of this new product ready to ship. I ordered mine and have been informed they need to build it before it ships. Then -- and this is really great news to me -- they are now applying their proprietary burn-in process on all cables before they ship. So that will add even more time before shipping.

That said, I don’t know that I’ll be able to offer much commentary because it seems most folks want to know how it compares to this, that or the other cable with which the member poster here is already familiar. For myself, I am replacing a loom of high end Shunyata cabling while staying with my existing Shunyata power conditioners, the Triton V2 and Typhon combination.

I want to be careful and to avoid speaking categorically, to include speaking for others by extension, but in my specific conversation with HFC I was asking where the most improvement might be sought. Based on my conversation regarding the HFC line (and we were really talking specifically about the new Reveal line, as I bought several pieces in one fell swoop), I was informed that power is the first place to put your HFC money, then ICs, then speaker cables and lastly speaker jumpers.

There are many opinions about this topic but that was my impression in speaking with HFC. I won’t speak for them but am simply relaying what I was informed, based on my specific questions and conversation.

I also ordered a special relatively long run of the new Reveal XLR/balanced ICs. In so doing, I realized I was going to need a new shorter run of speaker cables, and I bought the new power cords too. I believe but cannot state unequivocally that I will have the first new customer set of Reveal XLR/balanced ICs. They are bought and paid but have not yet been made. We are awaiting an opinion from Rick as to whether he recommends an additional waveguide be installed due to their unusual seven meter length.

The adage "more magnets make more music" might apply; but as these are balanced for long runs, we are waiting to see what Rick says. They do come with one waveguide standard. But, as has been noted here, a customer can order his with more waveguides if he wants too. Due to the nature of the balanced design (versus RCA) the number of waveguide is double that of standard RCA, and thus double the price of the additional waveguide installation.

I will be delighted to give some impressions of the new Reveal line upon receipt but I am not sure how useful that might be to others on this thread because I am replacing so much cabling in one fell swoop and because what I am replacing might not be known to others.

One last thought about comparing the various HFC offering: It is my understanding that the affordability of the new Reveal line is due primarily to the absence of magnetic treatment at the connections. Also, the waveguides themselves look a bit different to my eye but I didn't inquire about them. In other words, HFC already offers the CT-1 and up models. How can the Reveal come out and better the CT-1 and some say challenge the Enhanced at a lesser investment? I believe it is because the Reveal model does not have magnetic dressings at the connectors. That said, the actual cable itself, about which some early adaptors have commented on the weight and quality itself, which does contain waveguides, is not second rate at all. Then we have the flexibility to add additional waveguides.

At any rate, long story short, yes I have ordered the new Reveal power cords. Due to their affordability it allowed me to step in to the Reveal model balanced ICs and speaker cable at the same time and kill several birds with one stone, so to speak. I thought this philosophy might give others something to thing about.

Rounding out my HFC loom: HFC Enhanced phono cables; HFC RCA adaptors on .5 meter SUT (non HFC) cables; HFC Ultra power cord on the preamp.

misterbritt:  thanks for the informative response.  I believe addressing power first and then the remainder of the chain is the way to go.  Unless you are willing to install each cable a piece at time there will be no way to really compare what you have to the HFC.  However, I believe you will be able to compare the system as  whole.  I am very interested in the power cords.  I currently have the Shunyata Research - Venom Digital on my Oppo 105D.  My goal is to add the Reveal pc to my Oppo and my phono-preamp as soon as I can.  I can say that the HFC is something special.  
@thankful You’re already hip to Shunyata? Yes, that is where I’m coming from. I absolutely love Shunyata products! But the cornerstone in my decision to continue to migrate to the HFC line is the affordability of the Reveal line. The verdict is still out on whether that was a good decision. But my fingers are crossed as my HFC Reveal cables and cords are being assembled. 

I believe it will be a good decision but that does not discount the quality of Shunyata or for that matter other products.  At the end of the day it is what sounds best to you.  I have to say however, that I am really sold on the HFC.