Proac Response D 48/Tannoy Kensington

I was curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare the Proac Response D48 and Tannoy Kensington. I realize they are probably quite different but I was interested in what you all thought. I have heard the Proac's on a few different occasions and was really impressed with what I heard. Recently, someone told me I should seek out the Tannoy Kensington's before I bought anything, but that isn't easy here in the states. There are a few dealers but it would require quite an effort to hear the Tannoy's. Thought I would seek your opinions before I did anything else.

johnluke02
I appreciate everyone's comments, and Randyhat, I do appreciate the comparison of the Proac and the Vandersteen.  My only concern with the Quattro CT is the size of the sweet spot.  I am hoping that maybe the new tweeter has helped with that.  It seems that next week I will have the same opportunity to compare the Proac and Vandersteen side by side.  Really looking forward to that.   As far as the Kensington, it appears that auditioning that speaker is just not feasible for me right now, so they will probably be dropped from the list.  I also will have the chance to hear the Wilson Sabrina as well.  I heard the Sabrina several months ago and wasn't all that impressed, however, the setup in which I heard the speakers was not optimal at all.  I have never been a fan of Wilson, however, I have heard good things about the Sabrina from people that I respect, so I need to give them another listen.

I don't know if I will expand my list, or if I will choose from the these three speakers.  Hopefully, I will fall in love with one of these and my search will be over.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Proac or Vandy's.  No need to complicate your search with more options.   It will just come down to what you like for looks and sound preference between those two.
I have a pair of Proac D48R with a Audio Research VSi75 intg amp. I listen mostly to jazz, classic rock and some prog. Many of the recordings are less than perfect....The Proacs do a fantastic job. I do wish I had a little more power but all in  all I'm really happy with my system.
Hi heinrichmilw

I'm considering the  Proc D48R too,Do you think that they require a lot of power to be driven properly ? Your VSi75 is not enuogh for them ?
Yes the VSi75 is fine for my 23 x15 room. I'm afraid any more power could overwhelm my room. My D48Rs are done in maple and they're gorgeous.