Looking at a new non-SACD player, but still own lots of SACDs

I am looking at upgrading my current CD player, my budget is $3K ish, certainly below $5K.  The two units I am looking at in the $3K range,  Moon Simaudio 260 and Rega Saturn R, do not play SACDs. Rather than give up my SACD collection, I wonder if anyone has any experience with a work around. 

The one thought that occurs to me is to find a modest priced SACD player (used) with a digital/optical out as a transport only and run it into the DAC of the new unit.  Will this work or is the SACD circuity in the DAC and not the transport/laser?

Are any other options?

Or should I be looking at a different new CD player that plays SACDs? 
meiatflask
What's your current SACD player? The Esoteric DV-50s SACD player goes for around $1500 used, and is built like a tank. It has a digital out.
The problem with the plan you propose is that the vast majority of SACD players will not pass DSD and instead only output PCM thus losing all the benefit of the SACD. DCS transports will pass DSD but only in proprietary formats that need a DCS DAC to decode. Probably the same with Esoteric. Buying a quality used SACD may be the way to go. Use it to play SACDs and then take the digital output to a newer DAC of your choice to get the best from red book. Now is the time to buy the best SACD transport you can given TEAC are no longer selling the mechanisms OEM. 
Post removed