Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
O-10:

This should put you in your analog place!! :)

He doesn't look like a hedge fund manager.

Cheers

Rok, that most certainly was not the type of person I was referring to, plus the most important factor would be the number of people purchasing $185K amps, plus the most expensive interconnects and wire, and you name it, to go with the rig. If you went further and queried the person I'm speaking of, he would know very little about the high end; but such people always remain ANONYMOUS. I saw a young man get berated, ( who was a born oligarch) because he was speaking out about family secrets. They didn't even want his name known. While being an oligarch is most certainly no crime, allowing politicians to use your wealth to manipulate markets, is most certainly a crime; politicians who are supposed to protect us from such, makes it even more of a crime.

Extreme audiophiles with the finances to afford such are not new, but if all of a sudden the entire high end manufacturing business seems to have changed, and so many new buyers that magazines are going "ultra high end", something is different.

I enjoyed that clip; although I would have tubes as opposed to SS if I had finances that would allow such; or maybe not, that's too much headache putting, and keeping it together.
(G G is in the background "Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child")

Enjoy the music.

More my style and price point.   Good to see Polk get some publicity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2U6uaUmOI

I think they sound as good as the Wilson's.  IMO of course.

Cheers

What I find more amazing than anything else, is that I can hear the difference in the first rig,and this rig on my computer dime store rig.

Those speakers are just fine, but all that garbage coming from the front end got to go; I have to have a better front end.