Looking at a new non-SACD player, but still own lots of SACDs

I am looking at upgrading my current CD player, my budget is $3K ish, certainly below $5K.  The two units I am looking at in the $3K range,  Moon Simaudio 260 and Rega Saturn R, do not play SACDs. Rather than give up my SACD collection, I wonder if anyone has any experience with a work around. 

The one thought that occurs to me is to find a modest priced SACD player (used) with a digital/optical out as a transport only and run it into the DAC of the new unit.  Will this work or is the SACD circuity in the DAC and not the transport/laser?

Are any other options?

Or should I be looking at a different new CD player that plays SACDs? 
meiatflask
@nordicnorm are you sure it outputs DSD? According to the manual the alternative digital output is 96khz/24bit vs 48khz/pcm (i.e. Red book). So two levels of PCM output but no DSD. As previously noted outside computer formats for downloaded files output of native DSD from SACDs is limited to manufacturer proprietary formats

still looks like a good player however at the price 
@folkfreak 

Poor wording on my part. I should have said that the signal from SACDs remain DSD until decoded into analog. There is no PCM conversion that occurs along the way.
Investigate the Bryston BDA 3 DAC.  It accepts DSD from HDMI.  Cost $3500 around your budget.
I sold my Krell Cipher after hearing my BlueSound Vault 2 in my system playing my ripped CD's!  Even my Dual layer SACD's when ripped sounded as good or better played back through my system.  I use an MIT Magnum Coax into my Krell amp.  Something pretty amazing going on...sounds so much closer to a "mic feed" than through a conventional spinner.