Do you admit that you ever enjoyed listening to:

Do you ever admit to your audiophile friends that you at one time enjoyed listening to:
- Bread
- Seals and Croft
- Bee Gees
-Dan Fogleberg?
gonetotc
Ha...picked up on that nutty.  NO apology necessary.  Was just spouting off my O-pinion.  Be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same stuff.  Don't hold you in any lower esteem 'cause of it either - you post way too much good stuff on your "what's playing" thread.  

Glad you didn't include the Carpenters.

Hated them when I was a kid in the 70s.

Now I think they're friggin incredible.

Ticket to Ride cover -one of the all time truly great pop recordings.

Better than the Beatles and Cathy Berberian.

Ive had my share of music epiphanies. Songs I could of heard playing in the back ground a hundred times through time and not being struck by it in anyway until actually listening to it.  

Micheal Jackson Thriller should make it on someones wouldnt be caught dead listening to it list.    
Good call on Carpenters, vindanpar.  

They're right in the spirit of gonetotc's thread.

Superstar was another good one from them.
When I was much younger, who I listened to was my identity. Now that I've matured (I guess) I listen to whatever sounds good to me. And that is the way it should be. Pigeon-holing one's self because of what others might think puts the blinders on to all the great music out there. I know for me that when I walked into Fingerprints in Long Beach and heard Prefuse 73 I found new reasons for loving music. I will never forget that experience and how it helped to renew the love affair.