Have you ever tried a pair of speakers and said this Is the last thing I will ever need.

Hi Audiogoners have you you ever had a local dealer that is so pashonet about audio. That they let you bring in your system for fun and try a $10 000speakers. And you have been to every other local dealers shows and listened to $400 000 and above systems. And then tried a pair of speakers and had so much synergy with your budget system and said omg. This blows all other systems I heard for a fraction of the cost of most others? And have been always happy with that pair of speakers and your system for the rest of your life?

Please share your experience"
128x128jakecanada
I gave up on the Wilson line because of their inherently flawed design of group delay and necessary on Axis listening requirements!  Any speaker that needs to be aimed at your head like a laser has never sounded musical to me.  Dynamics are restricted as compared to a good speaker with great off axis response.
Yes!!! I had that experience back in1967, when a dealer A/B’d my budget Marantz Model 18 receiver between my AR 2a’s and a pair of Klipschorns. WOW!! I was leveled in more ways than anyone could imagine. I saved my lunch money and 17 years later bought a pair of horns.
My Bozak Concert Grands  biamped and mod will be with me til I die. It's in my DNA. I think I will say the same about my JBL 4345 I get in about a week. East coast sound on one side of the room and west coast on the other. Something about moving a lot of air and feeling the music I enjoy.
Sure- Thiels, Lindfields, PSB Synchrony (mostly because of a weird room). Each of these was all I needed- till I heard one that was all I needed. I’ve never said it when I didn’t mean it. But I always know in the back of my mind that I’m searching for the music. . . when a new speaker shows me more, and I’m in a place to afford it. . . I’m old too- I’ve been doing this for over 50 years now since I worked in a store to pay for the habit. I move on to something else sometimes while the music is there but when a new speaker reveals new stuff, either in new or old music, it’s time for the checkbook. But I don’t begrudge anyone who is happy- maybe envy but I’m certainly not going to criticize that decision. :) I know this kind of doesn't answer your question. But to me the music and being happy about what you are hearing is the point of the effort.