Tube vs Solid State

Folks,

For past few months, I have been trying to achieve best possible sound in my rig. The focus now is clearly on a improving 2 channel sound in what started as a home theater room.  

In past couple of years, I have added N10, Modwright DAC and very recently a LS36.5 linestage . The amps are Modwright KWA150SE. I am running pair of KWA150SE's in bridge mode (450Wx1) for the mighty B&W 800D2's.  While I like the sound as is, still feel something is missing. 

I have been toying with the idea of bi-amping.  One thought is to add mono tube amps to run mid's and high's and let the KWA150SE's handle the LF's. I am pursuing that seductive, slightly warm mid-range and top end that usually comes from tube amplification.  

I don't think there is any tube amp out there by itself capable of powering up bass hungry 800's. I prefer not to use a subwoofer in 2 channel setup. I listen to mostly jazz and classical music and quite sure that 800's are capable of producing adequate bass with proper amplification. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Cheers! 
128x128lalitk
Its not boxing both done right are wonderful it depends on your speakers and taste.
Bi-amping with tubes and SS can be tricky, matching different input sensitivities in the amps, etc.

You would seem to have plenty of power between the two Modwright KWA150SE's. The Modwright LS36.5 has a reputation for being a modern tube design, not sounding very tubey, or warm.
Perhaps you might consider trying a preamp that would give you that "seductive, slightly warm mid-range and top end that usually comes from tube amplification" that you seek.
Something along the lines of a Cary, CJ, Joule Electra, etc.

You could possibly get the same desired outcome with cables too. Look for something with gold in it as a conductor.
KCI Silkworm+, Jade, or Gabriel Gold may be just the ticket.
I am doing what you are thinking about; bi-amping w solids and tubes, but my components are very different.  You will need an active crossover, preferably with the ability to vary crossover frequency, phase and gain.  In my case, I am running Feastrex full-range drivers for the mids, highs, and upper bass driven by an Atma-sphere OTL S-30, crossed over at around 80 hz to a pair of 10" woofers per side, driven by a Class D Crown amp.  I'm very happy with the result but it is a bit complicated and there are lots of places where gremlins can creep in.  I don't know if the 800Ds allow you to bypass the internal crossovers, but I would think you would want to do that.