Can I use this amp in my house?

I've been looking at a power amplifier that has a 20 amp power cable. The tech specs say its maximum power consumption is 2400 watts. Would I need to have special wiring in the house to run this amp? If so, what would I need?

Thanks very much.

-- Howard

hodu
Can I use this amp in my house?
maximum power consumption is 2400 watts

Cambridge Audio 851W
Safe with normal power points and normal 10amp cords

That will be maximum "peaks" just on clipping, half that and half it again, for something closer to the real thing even that's stretching it..

Cheers George
But I will add that I just got a Krell FPB-300, with a 20amp plug, and it came with a cord that has the 20amp connector for the amp on one end, and the other end has a standard 15 amp plug on it.
Crazy ain’t it? And it might even be a Listed power cord assembly. Maybe even by UL.
A power cord with a 20 amp female receptacle on one end and a 15 amp male plug on the other end. Oh, the plug will easily handle 20 amps. But what about the 15 amp in wall branch circuit wiring it might be plugged into? But what If?

On the back panel of the Krell amp, usually by the IEC power inlet, what is the FLA, or power consumption (in watts or VA)? If the Krell is a Listed piece of equipment it should say, somewhere on the back panel. If the FLA is 12 amps or less the IEC inlet can be 15 amp. (15 amp X 80% =12 amps). If over 15 amps but not more than 16 amps then it has to be a 20 amp. (20 amps X 80% = 16 amps).

Just curious, what is the size, wire gauge, of the conductors/wire in the power cord? 16 gauge? 14 gauge? If it is a Listed power cord it should say on the cord. 16 gauge is plenty big for a 15 amp Listed power cord. What do you think though? Do you think 16 gauge might have any impact on the SQ of the amp when you crank up the music level?

Try to buy a short power cord with a standard NEMA 5-20R 20 amp female connector on one end and a NEMA 5-15P 15 amp plug on the other end that is Listed by any recognized third party testing laboratory. You won’t find one.
Why do you suppose that is?
@jea48 So I live in a rental home and aren't free to add dedicated lines. etc. I am considering buying a stereo amp or a pair of monoblocks that like @alpha_gt described have 20A female IEC and comes with PC with 15A male prongs.  The house is has 1950s-50s era wiring with fuses not circuit brakers if that matters. Should @alpha_gt's experience give me comfort that similar will not cause a problem here, or do I need to go for the smaller amp option with the standard 15A IEC? Cheers,
Spencer