Advice for a new Oracle Delphi Owner

Calling all Oracle Delphi owners, I recently bought a nice condition MK III and have a couple of questions for existing or previous owners of this fine turntable.

My questions are.

1) Do you always switch off the platter each time you change the record over or try to unclamp, flip over, re clamp whilst the platter is spinning. If the answer is yes I assume the motor is robust enough for the constant switching on and off?

2) Do you ever play with an alternative platter mat without the clamp. If so what brand.

I really like this turntable and it sounds excellent with no issues evident at the moment. My only thoughts are that it is a little more time consuming to use due to the constant power off, unclamp, place record, reclamp, power on and play routine for every side of play. 

Look forward to any input.

Thanks.
ateal
Thanks for the clarification oldears and harold.

I fitted my Fidelity Research FR1 MK3F LOMC cartridge this weekend and even though it is considered a low compliance cart (10cm @  10Hz ) it matched perfectly with the low mass Oracle SME 345 tonearm.

I now feel I have my reference TT / Arm / Cart combo.

I wanted to see if an acrylic mat would make the improvements Oracle claimed if I 'upgraded' from the Groove Isolator, as they recommended, but didn't want to pay the hefty price for the new mat and modified clamp. I thought I'd experiment with a cheaper acrylic mat first; but couldn't find one that was both 3mm thick and 289mm across. I asked an Ebay seller if he'd make one for me and woodendan was kind enough to do so. If your interested, ask him for the new size. I haven't done enough listening yet to decide on my Alex; but I love it on my Linn Basik!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322383349483?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I have an Oracle Premiere TT with original GI mat.  I am curious as to your experience with this acrylic mat in comparison to the original. 

Does it work well with the standard clamp on your Alexandria?
If you are worried about strain on the motor, you can do what I do on my VPI (not because I worry about strain, just to minimize belt slip and premature glazing).  Just do you final tightening on the clamp as you turn on the motor - it will help it get up to speed with less strain.
Buy a Siemens N324/41A 24 Volts power supply on internet and your Delphi will sound gorgeous ! Cheap upgrade .

This is the most sexy turntable ever made !

Jean