Looking for suggestions on a used amp or new. $2000/ budget

Hello everyone, I've recently purchased a Emotiva  XMC-1 Pre Amp, Paradigm S6's and the matching center (C5 v.3). I currently own a Emotiva LPA-1 amp. After getting my system set up, I feel that the LPA-1 isn't giving me the feed back and detail I want and might be lacking in power.  So, that being said, I'm looking for suggestions on what amp would push these speakers and give me the sound quality I'm looking for. I'm a movie guy first and music second. But as I get older, I'm leaning more towards music.   I'm currently looking at an older Aragon 4004 or 8008. I've heard great things about these amps and I'm considering purchasing one or both. I'm open to all suggestions, used or new. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

hilltop20
It sounds like you only want 3 speakers driven?  Or do you have 4 Paradigm S6?

Either way, I had the V2 of the S6 and found that Emotiva amps were a bad combination for them as the resulting sound tended to be too bright in my system.

I'd suggest Parasound Halo, either the A21, A31 or A51, depending on your needs.  They can be had on the used market.  the Aragons are good amps as well, it may be that you should have a short list of names, and be ready when one of them pops up on the market.
Thanks for the input,  I actually have 2 Paradigm Studio Monitors for my rears.   You are spot on with the brightness.  That's what's bothering me the most.  I might switch to a different Pre-Amp as well.   Thanks for the suggestion on the Halo.  A few have mentioned that as too.   I might have to listen to one here soon.   The A21 is what I'll be looking at.  thanks again! 
I also recommend the Parasound A21.  I have 2 of them along with the A23 to switch back and forth between 2 channel and surround sound duties.  I don't think you can do better for the price on something that has been proven to stand the test of time.  
Ok, thanks for the recommendation.  I'm going to order a Parasound A 21 and A31 and see how they work within my system.  Thanks again guys!!  
I would recommend you also give Tom Maker's amps a look. Can't go wrong with them. Lot's of power, no brightness, approaching tube amp in detail. And within your budget. American made so easily serviced.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-maker-audio-g9-maker-formerly-edge-electronics-2017-02...