Selling in audiogon vs amazon vs ebay?

This is just my experience to share.
I almost always have had a better experience in selling or buying audio gears (mid-high end) in Audiogon compared to Amazon or Ebay.
However, selling music had been different. I have quite a collections of LPs and I am thinning them down. Mostly classical LPs. I have sold quite a few of them in Amazon, but very few in Ebay and none in Audiogon. With equal price, do you think selling LPs in Audiogon is tougher than in Amazon or Ebay? Amazon and Ebay have much wider exposure, so it is understandable, but I wonder if it also has to do with kinds of audiences: Audiogon users are generally more for gears than music, and for music, more for audiophile grade recordings or sought after recordings than average recordings. 
Just a thought.
Your opinions are welcome.
128x128ihcho
I don't even think of looking for music on audiogon. I usually buy mine from online record stores or from discogs. You could try listing your vinyl there. Not sure how they are for classical though.
A friend of mine sells music on Audiogon and made good money in the past. The commissions for selling music on Audiogon aren't bad but you just can't find the music listings easily. The default setting is for equipment only when you go to the buy listings. Also they don't feature music on the front page so many members don't know that music is for sale here. 

IMO commissions are better on Amazon for selling items. You list for free and only get charged a commission when the item sells. Amazon shows you the commissions charged before you list so you can decide. One issue is you can only load 6 pictures of your item. The other problem is distinguishing your items from the masses. That is difficult. Ebay the listing fee is waived but there are the fees on the back end plus paypal fees. You also get to a wider fan base.

I only sell on Audiogon if it is niche gear or boutique equipment as the commissions aren't as friendly as other sites for my situation. If you are not a dealer you have front end listing fees, then there are all the back end charges once your gear sells. Then there are the lowballers you have to deal with. I wouldn't mind paying the premium to reach a better customer base but as of late I just get lowballed as badly as I do on Ebay. If you are selling budget gear on Audiogon the juice isn't worth the squeeze to me.
Thanks stanleylocke. I honestly forgot about that website for selling gear. I was just selling on other forums. I'll give it a shot.
They all allow free posting, but I think the commission for music sales on ebay and amazon are higher than audiogon. I think audiogon charges less on gears too.
I guess audiogon is not that well organized in music selling compared to amazon or ebay, and that may be the biggest reason.
In Amazon, there is no such thing as lowballers. ;-)
I sold a few hundred LPs in Amazon and a few dozens in ebay over the last 6~7 years. Mostly classicals, and some pops and jazzs.
Selling in amazon is a lot easier. If I sell something at $30, they will charge me about $6. For $70, they will charge about $12. So, it is almost 20% and I would say it is pretty high. I’d rather stick to amazon even though they charge more.