Impedance matching between 2k ohm phono pre and 100k ohm amps via passive pre

Howdy - 

I have a noob question about passive preamps.  

I am running my Wright Sound wp200c tubed phono stage (2k ohms output) through a passive preamp into two Dayens Ampino mono blocks (100k ohms input).  

It sounds good to my ears, but just wondering if this raises red flags to anyone?  Tortuga Audio says the ratio of amp to source should be more like 100:1, and I'm at 200:1 right now.  Cables are less than three feet. 

Thanks!
128x128subterranean6
subterranean6 OP9 posts02-17-2017 11:50amI mean, I’m running this through this Sys passive pre, and the there is plenty of volume. I’m just wondering if I’m going to damage something...
No, if you can do this then you have plenty of output from the phono stage. You would have a touch more output again if the the Schiit Sys was 20kohm instead of 10kohm, would’nt worry at all about then.

Just make sure the interconnects to and from the Schiit are low capacitance ones less than <100pf per ft which the specs should show, if not ring the maker he should know. An keep them less than <1.5mt.

Cheers George
Ah ok - that makes sense. Noob that I am, it did not occur to me that passive pre’s have in and out impedance.
Yes the input impedance (if wired in normal fashion) is the the value of the pot, in your case 10kohm. The output impedance (at worst) is around 2.5kohm.
That’s why in your case with a source of 2kohm out ,and amps of 100kohms in, a 20kohm passive pot would be the ideal. But you have enough volume so all is fine.

Cheers George