Why pay so much for super high end?

Most speakers costing $50,000+ use Seas, Scan Speak or Accuton.

In DIY forums most speakers designed use bargain drivers and usually are only 2.0 designs not bookshelf or center speakers to complete a surround system.

I’d love to have a Scan Speak 11 speaker system for atmos with 3 way bookshelves, center and floorstanders.

Why aren’t the designs out there and why are you guys pissing away all your money.

Personally I won’t get an upgrade from my speakers unless it’s of this caliber and neither can I afford nor want to donate money to these thieves.

A 3rd party 11 speaker atmos scan Speak system would be nice but I’m not spending $250,000.

Why on earth aren’t there designs out there for this and why do you all piss away your money?

I don’t get why hi fi isn’t all DIY even honest factory direct companies mark up 300%.

Unless you pull in $1+ million a year and don’t have any time I don’t get it.

Are you guys lazy?

Someone easily could design a great crossover and cabinets for everyone and the days of paying over $3,500 for a pair of loud speakers if you got some time or know a friend who could build cabinets would be over. I know of people who could design cabinets that rival $100,000 speakers and cost less than 1% than that.  Someone with some experience could easily design a diamond, beryllium and soft dome and various versions for various tastes.

I don’t get it. Speakers are so simple.  Crossovers cabinets and drivers.

You guys just throw your money away I don’t understand it why?

funaudiofun
Post removed 
doesn't look like a speaker.....more like a perverted version of Dr.Brundle's teleporter from the classic 80's flick THE FLY. 

After 50k, your not looking for sound as the #1 priority, your looking for a piece of contemporary art. 

Perhaps a free house comes along with those...;-)

Man you are in the wrong place to even question the sanite of an audiophile.
I come hear because it's  interesting to read some of the comments.
I buy vintage and build my own big speakers now, jaws hit the floor when I  have someone over.
The sound is incredible, all vintage or vintage design.
Everyone has their own  tastes in systems and sound.
I new a guy one time that had an old sears fishing boat from the 60's he always caught the biggest and most fish.
Everyone wanted to go fishing with Animal, it was about the fun and keeping it real.
I have ten thumbs and nearly turned my Forte Is into a pile of Klipsch spare parts in my first attempt at installing Crites crossovers.  Thankfully I got it right the second time and was even able to swap out the tweeter and midrange diaphragms, but that tested the limits of my technical skill.  Not to mention that I live in an apartment and don't have room for the power tools that I don't know how to use.  Not everybody is capable of building functional speakers, never mind something that will compete with what $50k will buy you. 

As far as the cost of high end audio goes: the prices are what the market will bear.  If there are customers willing to spend $25k on a Mark Levinson amplifier, why drop the price to $2,500? Not to mention that parts are a small part of the expense: electroacoustic engineers don't come cheap, nor does the equipment required to produce several hundred or several thousand pairs of speakers.