Resale value of new speakers

I had a house fire.  I lost a pair of excellent, Sound Lab speakers.  The insurance company has given me an allotment of 24,000 (replacement value) for another pair of speakers.  Given the fire, and current finances, I need that 24,000, but must first buy a new pair of speakers, and then sell them, to get the cash.  The insurance company will only reimburse what I pay out for a pair of speakers, up to 24,000, not give me the cash directly.  I plan to buy a pair, keep them in their original boxes, and then resell them.  My 2 questions are:
1. Where are the best places to post such an offer?
2. What speakers would you recommend, to purchase, that would bring in close to their original cost on resale?
Thanks!
casselsinthesky

I had a basement flood in my house a few years back. Fortunately non of my audio gear was damaged, but the property damage to walls and flooring was fairly bad. Our insurance company came in and estimated the damage to be in the 30K range. I was offered 2 choices. Have them send in a contractor to re-do the basement, or  have them cut me a cheque, and do the work myself. It was pretty straightforward for us.

BTW, I live in Canada, so regulations may be different here, than in the USA

joey_v289 posts02-23-2017 7:15pmI would buy a speaker that is easy to ship and doesn't depreciate and has a mass market appeal.

Theres not many that fulfill that role.

I would suggest BW 800d3.  Leave it in the box.  It'll sell.

I D SECOND THAT!  just make sure you get Cardas golden cross speaker cables , as there can sound grainy with wrong cables . Or Chario Serendipity from Italy!  Nothing will touch these two for sheer musicality....
gregkohanmim
It appears that this is the OP's first post - I smell a "white van speaker scam" here....  
And if I'm wrong - Sorry for your loss and glad that insurance covered you "casselsithesky"

I think pointing this out is appropriate. The less alert, eg me, can overlook the possibility.
Herman... because they can buy those 24000 dollar speakers for 12000 dollars. You can accept their 12000 (or whatever their offer) or the speakers.
Mr Green, Then they aren't $24,000 speakers, they are $12,000 speakers and he should settle for the $12K. He stated the replacement value is $24K, why do you think they can be had for half that. I must have missed something