Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
***** Money and power were a nice combination when people like the Kennedy's had it,*****

This cries out for an explanation !!!  Unless of course someone stole my Kennedy check from my mailbox.

BTW, it's amazing how much money rich people in this country give away each year.   This is the only country like this.

The government cannot 'welfare' anyone up into the middle class.   If they could, why would anyone work?

Cheers

Rok, I think you should see Michael Moore's movie where he tells how good he lived as a child on the salary his father earned working in a factory.

Do you remember when the manipulated price of gasoline was $4.00 a gallon; what do you think that did to the lower middle class, and who do you think raked off the "manipulated profits" in the commodity markets; have you ever heard of Mann Financial, can you say "Oligarch".

Who rakes in the manipulated prices of prescription drugs, that people on a fixed income have to pay. That welfare crap is just something to make poor southerners feel wealthy and superior.
***** I think you should see Michael Moore's movie where he tells how good he lived as a child on the salary his father earned working in a factory. *****

When I read this and saw Moore's name, I Laughed out loud.   Surely you jest.
People working in factories now, make a good living, the problem is,  there aren't as many Factories as there used to be.
If your ambition is to work on an assembly line in 21st century America, you are in the wrong country.
I notice Moore found a new gig.

Gas in Texas is below $2 a gallon in this area.   One thing about gas and oil:  the prices go up, and they go down, and the change is reflected at the pump.   What other commodity can you name that ever goes down in price. Name one.

Check Gas prices in Europe.   When I first went to Germany the price was 25 cents a gallon at the PX stations.  The Germans paid several dollars a gallon,  if memory serves.   Who manipulated that?

Drug prices:  The government (medicare / Medicaid) cannot negotiate drug prices with the big companies.  It is against federal law.   Laws passed by your liberal friends.   Think prices are bad here, check Canada.

Cheers

Rok, I don't begrudge the good life you have lived thanks to "Sam", and the good life you're living now. You didn't even have to make a dental appointment, you were called when it was time.

All those years, as well as these years prevented you from seeing how reality is manipulated, and I understand that. Once upon a time, I believed most of the things you still believe. I bet you even remember "Blackhawk" comic books. Many things you say I use to believe, and wish they were still true; especially "Justice and The American Way", but it's no longer true, and it's a falsehood that's not easily discovered.