Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Judging sound quality of audio products will forever be subjective by default.  There are multiple variables at play that prohibit universal concensus.  That's the beauty of this endeavor,  near endless possibilities of choices/audio products that allow one to seek and obtain the sound they want. 
Charles 
Mac48025 3-6-2017
I’m told the impedence curve also influences how hard a speaker is to drive? The flatter the impedence curve the easier it is to drive?
Yes, generally speaking. Although if the impedance stays relatively high at most or all frequencies lack of flatness will be less significant than if it dips down to low values at some frequencies. For example the impedance curve of the Enzo XL that I linked to earlier varies a lot over the frequency range, but never goes much below 6 ohms, which minimizes the significance of that variation.

Also, the phase angle of the impedance can be a significant factor in many cases. That is shown as a dotted line in the impedance plots in Stereophile’s measurements, and corresponds to the markings on the axis at the right side of the graph. Very negative phase angles that may occur at various frequencies, especially if they occur at frequencies for which the magnitude of the impedance (the number of ohms) is low, will work in the direction of making the speaker a more challenging load for the amplifier. JA will usually comment on that. For example, in the Enzo XL review he commented that "the Tekton speaker’s impedance magnitude (fig.1, solid trace) remains above 6 ohms at all frequencies, and the electrical phase angle (dotted trace) reaches extreme values only when the magnitude is high. The Enzo XL is therefore well suited for use with low-powered tube amplifiers." The "extreme values" he refers to for the phase angle are in the vicinity of -45 degrees, but occur at frequencies at which the impedance magnitude is around 10 ohms or more.

Regards,
-- Al

Thanks Al, so in other words there are more factors involved that determine how easy a speaker is to drive than I'll ever understand! :) I appreciate that you take the time to explain the technical aspects of our hobby to novices such as myself. Obviously Eric understands all of this very well as he continually amazes me with his speaker designs......and offering them at prices I can afford. 

teajay.......I'm not exactly sure what qualifies a speaker as being reference speakers, but I consider the DI as one also. Having owned the Legacy Audio Focus SE ( $12K retail) at the same time I had the DI's and ended up selling the Legacys, I was able to directly compare the two. The speakers were more similar than differant with each doing some things slightly better than the other. I happened to like what the DI's to better more. That's saying a lot as the Focus SE's are very formidable speakers and is four times the cost of the DI.  I can't wait to add the Linear Tube Audio pre and amp to my system to really make my DI's sing. 
Great discussion continues. @teajay thanks for weighing in with comparisons to other brands, as it gives a really good frame of reference.

I am now leaning heavily towards making the trip down to SoCal for the L.A. Audio Show, since Tekton is on the exhibitors list. Plus it looks like an excellent line-up all the way around: laaudioshow dot com. 
I know this sounds silly, so be it.  I haven't seen the speakers except in pictures, and it looks huge.  If a foot smaller I would have already bought a pair.  Size matters sometimes.  How did you manage to not have it overwhelm your room, or is it in a dedicated music room?  Don't take this the wrong way, I am still really interested in the speaker.