The best coupling caps in power amp ?? Mundorf, Infinicap ??

I am interested in some of the results of coupling cap modifications in quality tube amplifiers that you have first hand experience  with......Mundorf, Infini-Caps, Wonder-Caps ???       autospec
autospec
No; but if you've handled a Teflon cap, then unless it was hermetically sealed you probably changed its value. You won't see much in the way of physical deformation though.
I've never seen any film cap that wasn't hermetically sealed. This is very weird.

I mean, if not sealed, then really any change in atmospheric pressure or humidity could change it's value over time.

I have been in touch with Chris over at V-Cap and it seems I am somewhat corrected. Turns out hermetically sealed caps are more rare than I thought, but that still doesn't make them subject to atmospheric effects like I had surmised.

I hope he will post here shortly.

Best,

E
Just to be clear, the usual handling of a Teflon cap required to install it has not resulting in a change in value in the 20 years we've been using them (prior to using V-Caps we had Teflon caps made for us). So this is far less of an issue than I probably made it look.

Regardless of brand, who has experience mechanically dampening and securing caps to a board? I recently used blue tak to secure my mudorf coupling caps in my rogue m180s and I swear they sound better. Anyone else experience this?