SE vs Balanced volume

With my tube amp, when I switch between RCA & XLR, the XLR is louder. With my SS amp, when I switch between RCA & XLR, the volume is the same. The specs for the SS amp state that the amp is fully balanced. Here’s a photo of the innards behind the RCA & XLR inputs of the SS amp. XLR is on the left, RCA on the right, the yellow wires go to the external toggle switch. Why the different results? Thx.
steakster
Al, thanks - now I got it.  I forgot that this power amp is fully balanced.  In that case this amp is in the signal path for RCA input, but not for the XLR.  
In that case this amp is in the signal path for RCA input, but not for the XLR.
Exactly! To be sure it's clear to others, "amp" in this sentence refers to the INA134, not to the entire amplifier.

Best regards,
-- Al

Hi George,

If you are referring to the three solder pads that are above R1, as far as I can tell those aren't necessarily where the cable is connected.  And I could be wrong, but I was thinking they might be for the RCA connector.

Regards,
-- Al

That’s could be right also Al, didn’t look at it from that angle, just saw the shielded cable going to that point. In any case I wouldn’t like to have that single ended INA134 in the signal path on my amp/s.
And as I said before if the amp was full balanced they would have used the INA2134 to get balanced output from the opamp even then, yuck!.

Cheers George