Specific Pre-Amp advice

I would really like to get some help from the Forum. Late 2017 early 2018 I am getting a new pre-amp. My options to hear gear are low (common issue). Probably be buying blind which I have done in the past in conjunction with research. Here is the run down. 

Budget: 2500 possibly pushed to 3k. Looking for used gear (pretty much ruling out new).

1. I am leaning heavily toward a tube pre.
2. I would like a remote but its not a deal breaker if it gets me better SQ
3. Line stage only. Don't really need a phono stage as I have a stand alone
4. It needs to be active. 
5. Feeding SS amp with 100k input impedance 
6. Primary used with Vinyl front end. Would like it to handle three sources. (Radio, Dac/CD and Input for TT)
7. 2 channel only no pass through needed or wanted. 
8. Single Ended RCA Connection. My amp does not have true balance connections 

Current System 

VPI Prime 
SS Aida Cart
MS Nova Phomoma 
Exposure 17
Exposure Dual Reg 4
Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands 

I am looking to get more resolution. A more liquid sound. Bigger soundstage and get more of the recording space into my room. 

My preference is for an open/transparent neutral sound slightly tipped to the warm side in the highs. Slight roll off maybe. I like a fast quick musical sound with tight quick bass. Not looking for tube romance or rounded bass. I absolutely would like to stay away from bright sounding gear. Also super etched is not to my thing. I fall in the musicality camp. 

Any suggestions that would help me achieve this sound would be appreciated. These qualities defiantly take system matching into account. Pretty happy right now but I think I can do better.

darkstar1
Up your budget and but a Herron Audio VTSP-3a.  There might be a used one around.  Definitely hold out for it.  You shouldn't have to worry about upgrading the pre-amp again.
I've had Audio Research preamps and the Jeff Roland Capri. All very good, but not as liquid as the Marantz SC-7S2. 
I will +1 on the Rogue Audio RP -5 piece. I only have the RP-1 but it is built on the same technology with less features. The RP-1 create nice space and air in my system civilized my class D amp. The RP-5 utilizes 12AU7 tubes. It also has a user configurable phono stage which is pretty cool ( maybe you current unit already has that). My RP-1 has been performing flawlessly for months now so I am really happy with it. I called Rogue before I bought the piece from my local dealer and chatted on the phone. Very nice helpful conversation. Lots of reviews on RP-5 out there as well.

I primarily stream Deezer at redbook quality and also spin vinyl. Really love how Mofi vinyl sounds through the system.  My next move will be upgrading to an MC cartridge to see how the Rogue controls that.

Here is a quote from one of the reviews:
"I did not hear any vintage “tubiness” through the RP-5 — especially in the bass; the piano’s lower register was spot on. The hybrid design keeps the low end fast and clean. For a combo preamp’s phono stage housed in a full-featured preamp, the Rogue RP-5’s phono circuit sure is worthy of separate status. "

Here is the summary from Stereophile review on the RP-1 and again I agree totally with the "spacious" comment.

"

In summary
I believe that Rogue Audio’s RP-1 will join the ranks of such preamp folk heroes as the Dynaco PAS, the Hafler DH101, the Conrad-Johnson PV3, and the NAD 1020—and the Apt Holman, the Supraphon Revelation Basic, and the Audible Illusions Modulus. All of these are moderately priced, high-performance models that countless audiophiles have used to step up from receivers or integrateds to separates.

However, the RP-1 was more effective than any of those classics at preserving a recording’s vital energies. I believe that the RP-1 is not necessarily a stepping stone on the way to something better: I see it as a fully worthy final destination.

Compared to any preamplifier I know of at anywhere near its price, the RP-1 reaches deeper into the music to excavate a stronger, more precise, more spacious musical presentation. Most important, it delivers music that lives. Highly recommended."

Linear tube Audio MZ2-S. I just got one. I ordered it with remote and 3 inputs. Comes with a very good linear power supply. Biggest bang for the buck I've ever seen.