Elac B6 Modification

I saw ad here at Agon for Elac B6 modifications, this speakers are already amazing, spoke to them, it seems they are nice, anyone here experience the result of the modification, the mod is $295 inluding shipping back to the owner...is it worth the mod? Would you even consider the mod?
128x128jayctoy
Well, since you asked, no, I wouldn't. The mod cost more than the speaker! I bought a pair of these for my son and was impressed with them right out of the box.  What does the mod involve?

Winoguy17 the ad was on Sunday, talk to Sean, he is the guy I talked to, I don't want to misquote him...

I also have the same feeling not to modify....not because of the price, I like the speaker the way it is...
I thought that I had remembered Dannie Ritchie doing some mods on this speaker... He is a solid designer. I went and looked it up.  I hope this helps you guys out.
Tim

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138550.0

jayctoy,  to directly answer your question...I haven't heard the mod that you posted about,  but I can look at curves and tell you what something will sound like... the mods that I posted above will be noticeably better... even the 1st mod listed which would cost you very little....The difference will be a livelier top end with a bit of added detail.  Good luck with this guys,  this is an easy modification and well worth the money. By the way on the link that I posted above Andrew Jones chimes in about the mods on his speaker... worth the read.