New Ikea storage unit great for LP's!

Desiring new racks for my LP’s, and hearing that the Ikea Kallax was popular with collectors, I went to the Ikea in my new city to check it out. I found the Kallax to have one enticing quality: very large capacity for very little money. Other than that, it didn’t fulfill my desires. At 15-3/4" deep, LP’s are too far from the front edge of the rack. Even worse, the rack is open on the backside, having no rear panel! It is meant to be a room divider, not an LP rack or bookcase. I’m guessing owners don’t mind, as the rack will usually be placed up against a wall, that wall then acting as a rear panel. But I want my LP’s to be inside an enclosed structure, not an open one, if for no other reason than to keep dust away from the LP cover opening. The lack of a rear panel is also at least partially responsible for another problem with the rack: it is not very structurally stiff and strong, being a little wobbly, able to move side-to-side. Ikea has other similar racks---the Bitrade, Valje, and Nornas, but they too fell short of my requirements.

So I kept looking. There are some fine LP racks out there, but I consider the prices ridiculous. Last night I went onto the Ikea website, again looking at their storage units. There was a brand new one named EKET pictured, and it looked like it might fit the bill, so today I went to Ikea to have a look. I do believe I have found my new LP racks! The EKET comes in several different sizes, from a single 13-3/4" cube to a 4-cubicle box. The 4-cubicle version measures 27-1/2" x 27-1/2" x 13-3/4" deep exterior, each cubicle having interior dimensions of 12-7/8" tall, 12-7/8" wide, and 13" deep, perfect for LP’s. Priced at only $50, the EKET 4-cube model provides over four linear feet of LP storage. And it has a back panel! It is also considerable more stiff than the Kallax, which gives me piece of mind. There are a couple of accessory options, including a set of four adjustable feet ($5!) and a 4" base platform, also height-adjustable ($15). Another is a set of screw-on clips which hold multiple units together if they are stacked one atop another. Three of the racks and a base platform end up being 86-1/2" (7’ 2-1/2") tall, perfect for me.

The Ikea EKET is best LP storage deal I have found, so if you have enough LP’s to make their storage an economic concern, check it out. It will leave you more dough for the LP’s themselves!

128x128bdp24
I aso got interested in the IKEA Eket but am a bit sceptical if the shelves can really support the weight of 60+ vinyls. According to IKEA they can carry up to 15kg...
I also wonder if the single cubicles (not the 2x2 cubicles) can accommodate vinyls. To me they look much nicer than the 2x2 but I am afraid they are not high enough for LPs, especially when the covers are in protective plastic sleeves that are slightly larger than your average LP cover.

I have only a few special boxsets taller than 12-7/8", the interior height of the EKET. Anyone contemplating purchasing them can measure their LP’s to see if 12-7/8" will do. As for weight capacity, the EKET seems sturdier to me than does the Kallax, which a lot of collectors have been using without incident for a few years. Ikea specifies 29 lbs. maximum for each Kallax shelf, 33 for each in the EKET.
Thanks but the EKET  are sit on the floor which makes them way too low. Eket has wall cabinet suspension rails but I would not trust them since the weight of LP's accumulate to remarkably heavy loads..  I will keep my eye on a piece of furniture with many drawers. 2nd hand stores are loaded with great used quality furniture that my offer exactly what you are looking for to house your record collection.
Most record cabinets sit on the floor. The EKET can, but doesn't have to. As mentioned above, Ikea offers a 4-legged base for the EKET which raises it 4" from the floor, plenty high enough for me. The base is pictured on the Ikea website for anyone interested. 
Thanks for all your research, will be going to get these soon. Quick question, do you think a Kallax insert (13 x 13) will fit into a Eket? Only could find the dimensions