Elac B6 Modification

I saw ad here at Agon for Elac B6 modifications, this speakers are already amazing, spoke to them, it seems they are nice, anyone here experience the result of the modification, the mod is $295 inluding shipping back to the owner...is it worth the mod? Would you even consider the mod?
128x128jayctoy
@mesch 
"I think it better to upgrade speaker budget"
I know that everyone could not do these changes, but these are fairly simple.  I could even give suggestions for even simpler changes that would make a real difference.... For instance,  Danny tells you to switch out the 22 ohm resistor with a higher quality 20 ohm.  I like that change too, but If you like the current sound of the B6, but wanted to just add some upper frequency definition, you could simply put the .47 bypass cap that Danny suggest on the current resistor without going through changing the resistor out and it will raise the falling off frequency without raising the entire tweeter sensitivity.  This is a $5 part and one very simple mod that is quite audible...
If there is a real interest, I will list out the mods by ease of doing and sound quality... Some of you guys would get a kick out of doing a few changes.   I hope this helps,  Tim
Andrew has his pride in the way... Its natural for not wanting someone messing with your design... but Andrew does in someway acknowledge that the modifications are better, but weren't done in the original design for budgets sake...
Of course no one has to do these mods or any mods at all. The question on the thread was     "would you even consider the mod"
So my answer at $295 is NO,  but at $5 to $50 bucks for clear improvements,  you bet. 

I too, if not already owning Elac’s, would add the cost of modding Elacs to my budget and buy better speakers outright. But if I already owned a pair, and like their basic character enough to spend a little dough to improved them, I would look into the GR Research Elac mods. One of them is free---just remove the cosmetic plastic woofer surround. It is there to hide the drivers mounting frame, gasket, and screws, but creates diffraction and frequency aberrations---removing it costs nothing, and improves the sound of the speaker.

Danny Richies Level 1 Mod is relatively cheap, improving the Elacs out of proportion to it’s price. The Level 2 Mod is considerably more money, and is a more ambitious re-engineering of the Elacs. Andrew Jones is a talented designer, but he needed to meet a parts cost that allows the speakers to be sold at certain price points. Danny Richie, a renown speaker designer himself (hired by other companies to design their speaker products), an expert especially in crossover design, has a customer base of more enthusiast/audiophile/perfectionist DIYers who usually buy Danny’s Mod kits and install them themselves, making the mods more cost effective. Anyone possessing basic soldering skills can do the same, and improve the sound of the Elacs considerably for relatively little $. For anyone who doesn't, a local tech should be able to perform the mod  in an hour, costing the Elac owner only whatever the tech charges for his time. Or maybe a 12-pack for a friend who can solder!

There are better speakers available around that price. Why not buy one of them? Or mod one of the speakers that actually has a finish that will look good and last longer than a couple months.