Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Convert a room to a dedicated music room! I know it's not that simple but it's the best audio investment I've made. When I had the DI's, and the Legacy Focus SE's before them, in my family room they were bigger than the wife would have liked but she got used to it. On the other hand putting the Enzo 2.7's in your family room and giving them more room might be best. You can convert another room into a dedicated music room and get the DI's at a later date 😜
There seems to be some confusion surrounding Double Impact upgrades.

Here's clarification:

1. The 'standard' Double Impact - a true expression of extreme performance within the niche of 'affordable hi-fi and home theater'. The cost is $3000 delivered for the pair. This speaker is available in any color under the rainbow and is featured in my "Soft Gloss" finish. This is the loudspeaker reviewed by Terry London 

2. I have one upgrade option package to the 'standard' Double Impact and it's been available since day one. This upgrade is very popular accounting for 40-50% of all production as of today. I see that many clients posting on here own this option. This upgrade uses Cardas inputs, upgraded internal wiring, ClarityCap on the tweeter section, and an oversized Jantzen coil on the woofer section. The cost is $3300 delivered for the pair. This model is available in any color under the rainbow and is featured in my "Soft Gloss" finish.

3. Next... add $500 to the total for piano gloss black or white finish or any German or Italian matched automotive paint color.

4. For those wanting a veneered finish... add $1000 to the total. I only offer walnut and African cherry on the Double Impact and this process requires months to produce so don't be in a rush.

5. AS of NOW I am excited to announce the production of an extreme version of the Double Impact. I'll call it the 'Double Impact SE' (special edition) but it's not set in stone. This model is an expression of the cost no object approach. The DI SE is not the same speaker nor does it use the same parts. This model will be available through exclusive high-end hi-fi dealers with the price set to $6K-$10K per pair.

Happy listening!

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design, LLC    
Thanks for the clarification Eric. With your new PMD line the talk of an upgraded DI was a little confusing. A Double Impact SE? Very intriguing. Please keep us posted. 
Hi Eric - Many thanks for the help on the clarification!  

Mike Kay
Audio Archon - Dealer 
One thing very important to me having modded everything electronics and Loudspeakers.  Jowls about saying or better yet what thd crossover looks like and parts quality. It is a fact 
Solen being the norm and average at best maybe Mills resistors 
If you are lucky and sledge hammers wire wound around a piece of iron . Jantzen Copper coil not expensive but still designers go on the cheap. The heart of your system depends on it and can sound Dramatically better for even an extra  $100 . Just add it in yhe cost. 
That is my challenge for these speaker have a big wave form 
Low level detail is not their strong suit IMO. That is where a SE 
Model much better drivers ,as well as high end Crossover parts 
May be for super critical listening which I often to. Beatles white album is a very good example  #9 for example every stereo sounds different and the interplay going on. That is my challenge to Erik 
I may by a pair if xover is upgraded and upper end parts quality.