GOOD THINGS Happen, when you don't expect it...

Let me share my weird experience, 3 weeks ago, I Realise I have not played my Norh 9.0 for almost 2 years, this are Biwire, I decided to just connected my anticables 8ft $60 on the bass, then I connect the clear day shotgun 6ft, on the right speakers (high) then I connected homemade speakers cables 8ft on the left (high) my only porpuse is so they don’t get rusty, amp is plinius sa100, SACD player marantz 8005, ic lectraline , pc virtual dynamic x2, audience powerchord, preamp audio research, this is my 2nd system.After 3 days, I notice the music coming out from this speakers, I was being blown away, it sounds naturally close to live...I was shocked, this is not suppose to work, one of my friend can’t believe it either...what you guys think?is it luck?
128x128jayctoy
Doug I have been a believer with cables, I know expensive cables make big difference only if they match, Actually I was told that rotating your cables to experiment. The cables I tried I just put them aside for a long time,because I upgrade to more expensive one, those cables they perfectly match one of my system, the music Iam hearing is Live without the performers, On my main systems, I connected my Norh Leamp just so to reburn in them again, an hour later I can't believe what I am hearing from my technics SB 700 speakers,Live but you are in the event, without the physical performers, You are right This discovery thought me a lot of lesson in audio.Never underestimates the cheap ones,But Iam still interested to try Teo ,Reveal ,CT graphene ic...Doug Thanks
Doug I respect those who can't hear the differrence on cables, I also feel sorry for them, How can you even build a good system if you can't hear the differrence.Doug look how many cables new cables with excellent review to enjoy, Example Teo, High fidelity, Cerious Tech graphene. At this time I don't even want to touch both of my systems, but after Axpona I will audition this cables....
Doug I do have this speakers to experiment as well Andra 1, Diapason Adamantes, Technics SB700, ELAc b6, wharfadale 10.1 and10.2, Norh 9.0 marble, pioneer sb 21 and 22.i used to have Martin Logan request...you are right experiment helps a lot, with an open mind.

jayctoy, ah, very good. It seems you went from a "purpose applied" cable perspective to a "check it out and see," perspective. There are many cables marketed as specifically for certain applications, i.e. power cords for amps, etc. (not meaning different plugs such as 20A), but more the suggestion that the cord is most ideallys suited to power amps or digital devices, etc.

Through rotating cables I have found those distinctions to be fairly useless. Sure, a heavier gauge cable theoretically should service an amp better, but will it sound better than a competitors? No one can tell you - unless they try it on different gear.

My discovery many years ago and my recommendation is that audiophiles rotate the cabling, trying all Interconnects and all power cords in all possible configurations. That is the only way to find the optimum  system performance. There are many audiophiles who think they have great sound, but are not so close to their system's potential.

Doug my friend who mentor me, warn me to experiment is a lot of work.Doug if you are going to Axpona this year, I would love to meet you and even invite you to listen to both of my system.i only live 35 minutes from Westin where the venue, I think I saw you there once...Doug I like reading your reviews, they are open minded, and I could feel your passion as well...I hate analytical reviews, where reviewers showcase their intellect than the gear or cables to be review.I agree many audiophiles have not maximize their gear, because they did not have the patience to listen, to wait till cables and gear to settle down, many times they blame the cables and gear, there is no shortcut in this hobby, can you imagine the Cerious cables you have to wait 3daysor maybe more if you move them ,for the cables to settle? So Doug my invitation is open, Just let me know what food you like....