Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
I've been using ethernet via DLNA for years.  Never bothered with USB and PC in my sound system ...  

Have you guys tried running MinimServer in a NAS drive so PC is not necessary to play music?  
Knghifi - how does MinimServer run on a NAS without any processing ? I get running it on Raspberry Pi or SheevaPlug. But I didn't think a NAS had any microprocessing ability, just storage. 

Reverendo - happy to talk speaker. 
I haven’t tried MinimServer, but have been using Roon on a QNAP NAS with a i5 motherboard and 16GB RAM. It sounds great and is fast enough to run Roon’s DSP engine that outputs DSD128. Together with a Sonore microRendu Ethernet-to-USB streamer at the DAC and a Windows tablet for control, this is a simple, relatively inexpensive, high-performance solution that scales easily to mass storage. Setting it up requires just rudimentary IT skills. The high performance and relatively modest price makes me wonder if days are numbered for purpose-built audiophile servers.
There will always be room for a purpose built, one box, easy to plug and play server.  I"m honestly thinking about getting the Melco and using it only as a NAS and running my Mac Mini to run Roon and the network via an iPad if I can figure out how to get it to work. I also want to wait to hear what the new Melco's will sound like and then also to see if Roon themselves come out with their NUC soon, which I believe they are close.  I want to run Roon if I can for how much fun it seems to be.  I love playing with it when visiting stores and in friend's systems.