Tekton Electron has been released

As expected, the Tekton Double Impact received a 5 star rave-up from Home Theatre Review. The reviewer made mention of a smaller version for those of us with smaller rooms. I shot Eric Alexander an email at about 8:30 last night and was surprised to receive a reply a few minutes later. He said that the scaled down version, which he named the Electron, had just gone live on his website a few minutes earlier.

I haven't heard any of his speakers yet, but I am really curious, especially about this one. I'm sure that conspiracy theorists will have plenty to say about the reviewer, and the weird patent (they already have savaged the patent, and I don't really blame them), but I am not as suspicious as some, and I think these speakers must be pretty good, or they wouldn't keep getting such enthusiastic reviews from users as well. I want to hear these speakers!  

128x128roxy54
I've found the DI's to have no listener fatigue in my system at all. They are very dynamic and alive.......and as subtle and refined as need be. As Jeffery mentioned they are very revealing and will bring forth whatever is upstream of them.

For a frame of reference I had the Magneplanar mg 1.7i's before getting the DI's and had the Legacy Audio Focus SE's at the same time. The DI's had pretty much everything the Maggie's but added a lot more dynamic slam and much better bass. The DI's had a much more realistic soundstage also, one more in scale with the music than the larger than life soundstage of the Maggie's. The DI's and Focus SE's were more similar than dissimilar but again the DI's had more dynamic slam. All three speakers are wonderful and I'm not knocking any of them, I just preferred the Di's. For me the DI's presented the most realism and dynamics while still at least equaling the others in most other sonic attributes. 

I listen to a wide array of music with jazz and female vocalists being my favorites. And yeah, every now and then I like to revisit my youth and rock out to the likes of ELP, Metallica, Bowie.....oh anything from the 70's or 80's. Mostly it's the likes of Holly Cole, Patricia Barber, Sarah Jarosz, Rickie Lee Jones, Cowboy Junkies, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, McCoy Tyner and Keith Jarrett that I listen to. The DI's with my Decware Torii tube amp and PS Audio Perfectwaves provide beautiful music with all. 

Are they perfect? Nothing is but I've found no fault with them yet. 

Jetter, great point on the length of time.   I too have owned speakers that just dropped my jaw for the first couple of weeks to only later be sold. It takes time to really hear a speaker and come to grips with the sound personality. Yes all speakers have a personality. 
Hi Jetter,

I'm the reviewer from HTR and wrote the review on the DI's.  I completely agree that a "snap" judgement about any piece of gear can come back and bite you in the ears.  However, I spent many,many hours listening in the context of my reference system before I came to any conclusions about these great speakers.  I'm a tonality/timbres listener first, if these qualities are not in place in a speaker I really don't care about dynamics or bass extension.  

There is absolutely no "listener fatigue" at all with the DI's, just purity of tonality/color, plus great over-all dynamics and what I call a sense of aliveness you find in music being played in real time.  As I stated in my review, "garbage in-garbage out", so I believe if you drove this speaker with crappy electronics you would not like the end result.  Easy to drive yes, very inexpensive for what they offer, so I could see a music lover on a budget purchasing them and building around them for many years to get the total ultimate level of performance.

mac48025,

I really appreciate the additional detailed insight into their sonic qualities. Do you find their transparency to be comparable to other top speakers, and more importantly, their vocal reproduction? That is very important to me, and I have been spoiled in the past with several speakers that were great with vocals.