When people upgrade from Thiel

A question to the group;

When audiophiles upgrade from Thiel speakers
What speaker do most of you upgrade to?

I'm wondering if there is an obvious next step?

Jeff

frozentundra
I recently sold my Thiel 2.4se and am now using Klipsch La Scallas. It's a long story but I don't feel that I "upgraded" to the Klipsch. The Thiels were wonderful speakers. The Klipschs are not perfect but they do something that just feels like "home" to me. My first "good" speakers were from Allied Radio which I've heard had a connection to Altec-Lansing. They were horn mid/tweet with an acoustic suspension 12 inch woofer. Really awesome stuff for a 16 year old! I think the La Scallas are resonating with my auditory subconscious.  
My "upgrade" from my Thiel CS3 speakers was to Duntech Princess speakers (the forerunner of Dunlavy SC 4s).  Interestingly, both speakers use first order crossovers and are designed to be time and phase coherent.  I wanted a bigger sound with more dynamics, and the Duntechs fit the bill.  It helped to have a large enough listening room for them.  I still get to visit my old Thiels, as I sold them to a friend
who still enjoys them.
A lot of users "move" away from Theil due to the fact that they no longer want to be restricted to using a large high current / high output amplifier. 

Also, you need to distinguish between pre or post Jim Thiel speakers.  IMHO, a lot of people upgrade away from post Jim Theil speakers because they can achieve better performance for much less money.