Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Good to see you again- zkga

Nice score!  Yes, seek out the Sound Anchor or original Thiel outriggers for your speakers.  The imaging is incredible w/ the newer CS series (1.5, 1.6, 2.4, 2.4SE, 2.7 and 3.7).

Happy Listening!
Another nice score! oblgny

the 3.6 model really has a strong following here.  Keep me posted and Happy Listening!
Good to see you- robinbarbour

this is certainly the year for change, in more ways than one.
The 3.5 model has a strong following as well.

Happy Listening!
Robinbarbour...

Yeah, pretty ridiculous the amount of changes, right?

So far as not having auditioned the 3.6's before buying them, all I can say is that I didn't have the opportunity to do so on my 2.3's nor the 3.5's.  Stumbling upon Thiel has proven to be one of the most fortunate happenin's in my audio life. 

I did a fair amount of reading about Jim Thiel and his work prior to my first purchase, and that's pretty much what got me.  I liked his overall sensibilities, and the various reviews I picked up here and elsewhere pretty much all contended the same opinion - great speakers at almost any price.  And since we're all now relegated to buying used ones only,  that sentiment resonates much deeper.  (No pun intended. )

My current spate of shifting equipment has not disappointed me - though it's been a tad ridiculous.  I am utterly confident that I'll enjoy them as I am utterly confident that whomever buys my 3.5's will as well. 

This Thiel kool-aid we're drinking is damn yummy!
Me as well- William,

upon my first Thiel CS 2.4 demo, I was struck by the proverbial "lightning"
Like you, I stumbled upon them at Soundscape in Baltimore MD.  They were in the used/demo sound room.  I was on a work assignment for 3-months and spent several days each week of that duration as I could not get enough of the "sound" that I was hearing.  Unreal.

Happy Listening!