Wife trouble

Bought Def. Tech. 8040 Towers for living room for my first dive into audio world.  Because I love music, I really enjoy the sound over TV. My wife fell in love with a huge console that spans the length of LR wall and so towers will not work. 8040's are bipolar and need space to breath. What to do?
mca7944
How do we know you aren't mca's wife pretending to be you to ask this question?

Seriously, I love the replies on threads like this.

There are some good ideas in here. But my question is do you have your own office room that can be your music room? It sounds like you don't. In all honesty, if you are wanting to have FUN with audio, as in buying gear, and playing around with your setup, you need to know that will never happen in a common space, like a living room.
Truth is ive only been married three years and I was single way too long. Got Married at 41, married a woman with a five year old girl (at the time) and had to make some big changes. Don't regret it at all. Worst day married is better than my best day as a bachelor.  It's tough because I really believe that two become one when married so I really don't subscribe to the separate accounts, (Facebook or bank). Creates distance. But I love these posts. Really do. Tough being an audiophile!