Class D = Trash?

So, I'm on my second class D amp. The first one, a Teac AI-301DA which claimed to use an ICE module, was unlistenable trash. I burned it in for a few weeks, it just couldn't perform, so I sent it back. Following that, I tried the new Emotiva A-300 (class A/B). It was significantly better, but lacking in too many ways for my tastes. So I changed gears, got an 845 SET from China -- and it was an immediate and massive improvement.

So, before I went further down the SET road, I wanted to try a better class D product using a modern class D module. I settled on the D-Sonic M3-800S with the Pascal module and custom input stage. I read from reviews that these things like to have big cables, so I picked up an eBay 8 gauge power cable (Maze Audio, el-cheapo Oyaide copy plugs, braided 4-wire cable) to go along with it.

Mid-range GONE.
Soundstage depth CRUSHED.
Euphonics DISAPPEARED.

Yes, resolution went up. Driver control went up, allowing me to play compressed rock/pop and orchestra with the speakers being able to render it all. But enjoyment in the sound is basically gone. Using my best power cable (LessLoss Original) improved performance, but didn't fundamentally change the amp's nature. I ran back to my headphones (Focal Utopias) to detox my ear canals.

So, how long does a class D need to burn-in? I want to give it a fair shake before writing the technology off forever. 
madavid0
The best Class D I have heard does use an analog power supply (a large Toroidal trans with banks of power supply caps). In addition, if bass is of the utmost importance then an oversize analog power supply is a must. Don't get me wrong there are some very nice sounding Class D amps with a switching power supply but they seem to excel in the Mids and highs but lack bass to some degree or another.
....I can see a novel business opportunity here...a 'burn-in service' for D amps.

Send me your new D amps and I'll burn them in for you.  When I think they're ready, I'll send them on to you.  First come, first served, and be patient.

Don't gasp...either you can put up with it, or I will. ;)  Pennies a day....
I have a used D amp that needs to be re-broken in due to it being in storage for 1 year and 6 days. I would like updates at the following intervals - 600, 900, & 1500 hours...we can have listening sessions over Skype to monitor progress.
Look at Merrill Audio .they make Excellent amplifiers, and use Very good parts quality.I owned Mcintosh very dissapointmrnt wima caps donot belong in a $6k  amplifier I put Mundorf  supreme a Big improvement as well as resistors,wiring.
Class D  has nany variations, and   have their own implementations of class D.
Can compete with class A AB amplifier without exception. And a money back option I believe .I have them several times .I am going to purchase one myself.
I do recommend like myself a Very good custom Vacuum tube preamp 
Myself DHT  preamps are superior in Several ways 1 stage vs several in a conventional preamp.  The Russian 4P1L a fantastic most linear tube out there
As long as you have a veteran over 20 years in Vacuum tube design such 
as Radu Tarta, and the buyer chooses the quality of the parts choices. Far better 
Then most commercial average at best parts. 
I don't think there is a specified time for Class D to break-in. If there is and it would vary from one manufacturer to another should be mentioned in the manual. What we do know is that the longer they are powered up, the better they sound. The most important thing to keep in mind as they do require a lot of experimentation with different interconnects and power cables to sound their best and patience will prevail.