What A/V receiver to buy?

OK, I've read SOOO many reviews and online commentaries my eyes hurt! I know this is a very subjective and difficult question to answer but I just want some opinions. I am looking for A/V receiver with HDMI switching (not real necessary for upconversion since dvd and cable box both have hdmi output). I have the sunfire cinema grand 5 channel amp with Panasonic AE700U Projector and am more concerned with watching movies. I also bought all of that when i was single so now I don't have a lot to spend on receiver. (currently have sony E9000ES).

have narrowed it down to these:

Outlaw 990 -- $1099
Denon 4806 -- $2200
Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi $999
Yamaha RX-V2600 -- $883

Currently leaning towards the Outlaw because of price and feature set but do see that it doesn't have THx (do I need??) Any suggestions...??
luvshack
Fairly wide $ range there. Don't forget the Arcam AVR300 (no HDMI) and the Rotel offerings. Those can be found in your range used, maybe new.
HD-DVD/Blu-Ray is using a new audio codec, either DTS-HD or Dolby-HD; be sure you undersatnd that NO receiver can decode the new codec at this time, and ask if your new receiver will be able to in the future ( firmware upgrade). At CES last week, Marantz was furthest behind the 8-ball technology wise. Also, your receiver must have HDMI input and output capabilities. Good luck.
I couldnt believe the sound from my harmon kardon reciever. Im actually thinking of a second small system right now and Ive been pricing them. So far jr.com has got the best prices.
Sorry did not know Marantz was behind in Technology compared to others...I just know what iv'e heard compared to others and they sound very good..
Good luck,
Paul