What A/V receiver to buy?

OK, I've read SOOO many reviews and online commentaries my eyes hurt! I know this is a very subjective and difficult question to answer but I just want some opinions. I am looking for A/V receiver with HDMI switching (not real necessary for upconversion since dvd and cable box both have hdmi output). I have the sunfire cinema grand 5 channel amp with Panasonic AE700U Projector and am more concerned with watching movies. I also bought all of that when i was single so now I don't have a lot to spend on receiver. (currently have sony E9000ES).

have narrowed it down to these:

Outlaw 990 -- $1099
Denon 4806 -- $2200
Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi $999
Yamaha RX-V2600 -- $883

Currently leaning towards the Outlaw because of price and feature set but do see that it doesn't have THx (do I need??) Any suggestions...??
luvshack
Luvshack,

You mentioned that you already have the Sunfire 5-channel amp. Do you really want an HT receiver (pre-amp/processor, plus 5-7 channels of amplification) or do you want an HT pre-amp/processor and plan to use the Sunfire for amplification?

If you are really looking for a single box solution (receiver) you might want to look at the Sony STR-DA7100ES. I own the DA5000ES which is a predecessor, and I really like it. I've owned Denon, Pioneer, B&K and other Sonys in the past, and the DA5000ES is easily my favorite. The new high-end Sonys use "digital switching Amplification" and they sound great. They are also very easy to use (IMHO).

If you are interested in the Sony, call Oade Brothers www.oade.com . They have excellent prices (better than any published web prices from my past experience) and they are authorized Sony ES resellers.(Disclaimer: not affiliated with Oade Bros., just a happy customer)

Enjoy,

TIC
As far as the new Hi-Def audio goes, you should be able to use the 6 channel ins for it.
I would go with the recent Rotel HT receivers. Those with 1000 numbered models.

Integra Research is also worth considering, especially if you want multi-zone use. This is Onkyo's high end line.

THX is a George Lucas certification. If you think Mr. Lucas knows what sounds best, than yes you need it. If you don't care what Lucas thinks you don't need it.

THX is a great marketing ploy anyway.