Denon DP-60L vs Technics 1200 MK III

Hi everyone,
I’d appreciate your opinion on the matter. I’m returning to albums and I’ve decided to purchase a good turntable, in the price range of $500-$600. I have a couple of cheap ones already (Technics SL-23, Realistic LAB440) but there’s nothing exciting about them.

I really do like the Japanese style and looks of the mid 70’s - early 80’s so that’s why I’m singling out the Pro-jects, Rega and so on.

I have a chance to buy either a Denon DP-60L or Technics 1200 MK III. Both in near mint condition.
The Denon is just a beautiful machine, the Technics is a classic. Right now the Denon has a new Rega Carbon cartridge (new) and the Technics a Shure cartridge - middle of the road, nothing too expensive. As far as arms - both of them have stock arms, the Denon has the straight arm, and does not come with the extra S arm.

In listening tests I get gorgeous bass and very clear highs (Maybe a tad harsh - new cartridge) from the Denon, and beautiful rich mids mainly from the Technics. Add a little treble to the Technics and it’s just right.
I love the fact that parts and upgrades for the Technics are easy to find, where all the electronics of the Denon scare me a bit, after reading how hard it is to find any parts.

I've done a lot of reading on both this weekend and I think the majority out there with choose the Technics, but still - the Denon is gorgeous... however - I’m leaning towards the Technics. By the way - I'm getting a better price on the Technics. As far as value - I really want a keeper for a while, so resale value is not as important.

What would you do? (Please don't say "but both" because I can't afford to)

Thank you for your help!
yyman23
I owned the Denon many moons ago,it had both the s shaped and the straight arms. I thought it was the most analytical sounding table I’ve owned over the years. It is a beautiful looking table,but that’s about it.
I currently have 2 x Denon DP-80 they were near TOTL and very good. The 60L seems to be near TOTL also.

I had a Technics SL-1200 and i upgraded the tone arm with a Jelco 750. 

My DP-80's sound clearer with better bass than the Technics. I believe the Denon 60L would perform better than the Technics also.

The other thing you can do is check hifido sold items. If you compare both those tables a Technics 1200 sells for approx 50% of the Denon 60L. 

There is a reason for that
by narowing your selection to those two tabels your missing out on many better tables out there . hell the Rega tables used are better tables in the long run. and i'm not trying to start a war here i know the denon and tech's are good tables but they are getting harder to find parts for now and they have specific drive systems and questionable arms. Either way get them checked out by a qualified tech if you can before you buy..
If you want a Denon,you should check out the new DP-500M. There are a few listed on Ebay. It has the same look as the older ones!
http://www.smartimports.net/denon-dp-500m-direct-drive-analogue-turntable/