Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Yes! zkga

Threshold, Coda and Pass Labs share a very similar blood-line.
I have not had an opportunity to audition Coda power amps?
Can you guys suggest a dealer/retailer?

I have been quite pleased w/ all of the banter on our fave speakers over the weekend.  Keep up the discussion!

Happy Listening!
Another +vote for Jon Soderberg.  Bill Thalmann comes into my mind as well.

Happy Listening!
Woohoo - my 3.6's are arriving between 9:00 and 5:00 pm today via UPS freight.

As much as has been said about placing loudspeakers in general,  I got out a tape measure just to see how mine have been placed since I moved into this house 22 years ago.  It's a difficult room with a ceiling that slopes from 9 feet to 17 feet at the apex,  radiators all along the exterior walls,  one wall three feet from the left speaker,  the other wall thirteen feet from the right.  The floor is laminate with an area rug tossed in the center.

I don't have another option to place the speakers.  The left wall also has an air conditioner stuck in it.  Not only is the room a pain in the ass to furnish,  its a pain in the ass to position the stereo in the best place possible.  Trust me,  I've tried.

Anyway,  my speakers will be roughly eight feet apart and about twenty four inches from the rear wall.  I can't bring them out any further because it looks stupid,  and these things simply beg not to be moved via protests from my spine.  I've always had the drivers positioned just in front of the equipment cabinet's depth.  It's pretty much all I can do considering the physical space.

Much to my surprise and amazingly poor sense of space I listen some fourteen feet away from the speakers.  I have yet to find toe-in a necessity since the Thiels throw an impressive sound stage to begin with;  a few others I've had,  especially Maggies that require a GPS and a periodic table of the elements to position,  definitely benefitted from toe-in.

I'm like a kid waiting for the ice cream truck...

PS SIDENOTE...

Just to illustrate how very cool this site can be and how useful this particular thread continues to be,  I have to relate a short back story on my purchase of the 3.6's from Saturday Audio Exchange in Chicago.

Within a day of purchasing them I received a message from a fellow member who is fortunate enough to reside within an hour's drive from the store.  He spoke with the owner who related to him the pair's previous ownership,  further offering that they were in better condition than "as pictured" in the classified,  adding that I was getting a fine pair.

Unsolicited.  Out of the blue.  One Thiel owner to another.

Man,  this kool-aid is addictive.
Very nice! oblgny-

after 22 years in the same space, you will know which configuration is best.
Happy Listening!