New in 2017

Which releases are you guys looking forward to in this new year?
jafant
I never bothered to give Bob's Sinatra-themed album a listen---it just didn't interest me. I also feel ambivalent about the American Standards album. It appears that when his writing-mojo fails him, he records the songs of others, to keep the cash coming in. He did the same back in the early 90's with his Good As I Been to You and World Gone Wrong albums. I saw him live during that period, and he was awful. I didn't see him again for ten years, but that time it was a very different story. Fantastic!

I am kind of digging the "standards" thang.  BD has a killer band on the last (3) releases. Not bad at all, IMO.

Happy Listening!

Very cool thread, I love the suggestions and side stories. I'm glad to hear something positive about the Newvelle work as well.  I picked up an Italian press of Little Village some years back that's wonderful. 

Luaka Bop is coming out with an Alice Coltrane comp next month from not widely circulated recordings made around the 80's & 90's when she had established her ashram in L.A. There will be a 2lp edition as well.