Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, we really need to work out a time for me to come over for a weekend or something with my Steve Nugent built Mac Mini/Hynes supply.  I am wondering if it's starting to lose it's superiority now that newer servers are coming out.  Also you need to try and get the Music Vault in there if you can.  
I might chime in, I use the Rednet 3 with a (modded) internal linear power supply. Mac Mini with Uptone Audio 12V DC board mod, and send data via 1000 BaseT Ethernet to the Rednet. Then AES or SPDIF to my DAC. Beats th epants of any USB chain I have used before inc the Offramp 5 and M2Tech EVO full stack inc Linear supplies, and Berkley Alpha USB convertor. Rednet cost me 1K USD inc the linear supply.
So one box between the PC and DAC.

Very smooth and massive soundstage, huge detail and layering. It makes my previous chains sound flat and clinical TBH. I would say try it if you can't afford a full on pre-built server solution, and don't need above 192K limit of AES/SPDIF. I don't upsample anyway, so does not matter in my case.
Ok. I just typed a three page review on the DA2, ODSX and Light Harmonic. It took me an hour and a half. And I hit submit and it went bye bye. 
It was well crafted and I’m so sad it’s gone.

Very abbreviated version without any descriptions (I’m so sorry, but I can’t do it again):

newly upgraded ODSX - awesome but don’t like the Ethernet input. Better then the ODSE and worth every penny of the $6k upgrade. It’s the best DAC available for under $25k

DA2 - accurate, meticulous, expansice, has life but no soul. It’s a reviewers dream DAC . If I were to build a system on the DA2 starting with the DA2 (like DCS) then I could build a world class system. But it’s been difficult to get the most out of it by inserting it into my particular existing system. It needs tubes or warmer solid state to make it shine, IMHO. With that, it could be world class.

Davinci Light Harmonic - it is the best DAC I have ever heard by a long shot. I heard music within the music. Dances of harmonics in strings and vocals that I never ever knew could exist. Accuracy without sterility, complexity and layers that were exposed for the first time ever. Just wow! A massive trade (including the DA2) was struck plus a wad of cash and this unit will be heading off for a full upgrade to LH2 status and then coming back for permanent residence.

So, I can’t believe I’m saying this, my ODSX is up for sale. If you are interested in the best DAC for under $25k then message me. It won’t be available until the LH2 is ready for delivery. But a deal can be struck now if interested.

I also still have a Chord DAVE coming in. Now it’s more for curiosity and to report to you. I can’t imagine it would outperform the LH. It might be better then the ODSX, maybe. But the ODSX tonal similarity to the LH was uncanny. Like the ODSX was the $14k model in Davinci’s line; sounds like it came from the same DNA. It’s THAT good!

I will post a follow up shoutout to Dave, the Audio Doctor. He gave me a ton of his time and deserves serious recognition.