Wife trouble

Bought Def. Tech. 8040 Towers for living room for my first dive into audio world.  Because I love music, I really enjoy the sound over TV. My wife fell in love with a huge console that spans the length of LR wall and so towers will not work. 8040's are bipolar and need space to breath. What to do?
mca7944
I'm very lucky, my wife knew I loved audio way back before we were married.....  she could care less what my gear looks like or what space it occupies   

We have a family room with a 60" TV that everyone gravitates toward and my den where I have my system and a smaller TV.   When the kids have friends over we will hang in the den, usually watching TV but sometimes a concert video or music through the stereo.   

And as far as what twoch said about being a man,  it takes a bigger man to put his wife first and make her happy .........  

I would suggest some nice bookshelve speakers on stands with a small footprint and a sub.  

Did you buy the console yet?   If so maybe you could both compromise.

I had to laugh at the title of this thread. I agree with Stereo5... keep the speakers and trade in the wife for an upgraded model.