Furutech AC Receptacles

Do the Furutech GTX-D R/G AC receptacles require installation with Furutech wall plates and covers?
wylmars
@pbnaudio, have you ever installed a new cryoed outlet or the Furutech GTX-D (Rhodium) outlet?

Your system and room looks beautiful and I'll bet it sounds great!
What outlets do you use?

There are many that have and have documented (here on Audiogon) the changes that occur during the long break-in period.

Imaginary? I don’t think so.
@wylmars  - I am currently using a a couple of Furutech receptacles (GTX-D-NCF-R) without its expensive plate & cover with great result. Furutech receptacles replaced my PS Audio receptacles and the improvement was significant. I bought it from Steven Huang of Audio Senisibility (http://audiosensibility.com/blog/) who helped me break-in this receptacles for 15 days (15 x 24) w/o any additional charge.
After installing these units I used a couple of table fans running (24 X 7) for a week or so, in addition to listening to regular music, to complete the break-in process. It's important to break-in each outlet in the receptacle duplex to get the full result. Once these receptacles come in with 1/2 weeks of break-in from the dealer/seller it is a relatively easy task to complete the break-in process and get the full bloom within a week or so. Hope this helps...
All amps speakers etc have different sound. What breaks in is your ears that are going from one to the other. An engineer designs a unit to specific specs, are you saying that these specs change because it has been on for 100 hours ?
I have friends in the audio biz and none use special outlets or power cords. We use good outlets such as Hubbel but none of this is in your audio circuit. A filter is the only thing that made any difference at all. 
Lak,

Some years back I wanted to conduct an AC outlet test made up a fancy jig holding 10 different AC outlets  all switchable with relays via a PLC , never got around to making a program for it though.  The switching was to be done via a remote and keeping the prior engaged till after the next one was engaged so that the system connected to the outlet was always on.   Still have the jig sitting in my warehouse and if theres a wizard out there knowing how to program a Allen Bradley PICO controller and wants to spend the time making the program for it I'd be happy to conduct the test.  PM Me and Ill let you know the specifics of how the jig is wired up - the only thing missing is the program.

In my system I use Leviton Industrial Grade outlets. I certainly do think that a proper AC outlet with as good solid connection is important, but when it comes to the cover plates screws holding it etc I'm out.  Same goes for AC cords, Proper gauge, Quality plug and a secure connection is important though.

To each his own, if you can hear a difference then its real to you, to me its not.

Good Listening

Peter