Looking for a Phono pre around 1K

Hey all,
My system,
VPI hw-19 mkIII, premier mmt arm, Ortofon bronze 2m, Yaqin 100b KT-88 push pull, Focal 1008be2
I've had :
Cambridge audio 640p that I modded (power supply, opamp sockets, ) 
Sound: ok , not much soundstage or detail
Yaqin ms23b tube. 
Sound; more soundstage, better delineation of vocals and room ambience, still sounds a bit muffled/recessed.

I know those are on the inexpensive side, but after upgrading my speakers to the Focals. I'm hearing hints of things in the recordings that, I'm positive, with a better phono pre could be more fleshed out.

I listen to mainly rock/pop (Bowie, Stones, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, Carly Simon, jazz)

If I could stay under 1K that would be great.

I'd like more definition, without losing the sweetness of tubes, I know I don't have any tube stages on there but…
I'd like the ability to use a MC cart as well 9I have a Denon 160)
My list so far:
Musical Fidelity - MX-VYNL Mm/Mc
Sutherland - Insight Phono Preamplifier
Musical Surroundings - Nova II
PS Audio Phono Converter (would be great to rip the records)

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks
mdelrossi1
Why no tubes? Check out the Rogue Audio Triton,it lists for $995. There is a used one listed here for $649!
Look for JLTi mm/mc phono stage with plug-in rca resistors to change loading of the cartridge quickly. This is high gain phono stage based on diamond transistors. Absolutely amazing! From Australia. 
You might want to contact Aural Thrills Audio, he advertises here on Audiogon, he will build you a unit to match the output you are looking for and they are really nice units and within your price range.
I have the Simmaudio Moon LP 5.3 RS

Sounds excellent, takes most cartridges, dead quiet (even at full volume) -  connect with good cables and it really excels.

You can get a seperate power supply, but a great power cable will work just as well.

You’ll have to look at "previously enjoyed" gear. The problem is - they don’t come available too often

They do have a newer model, but it’s a little above your budget.

They do have the 110 LP - another good buy that is more in line with your budget and from what I have read it is a great performer - it’s just not as flexible

I also had a heavily mod’d Cambridge Audio, but the moon left it in its wake - it's in s different league.

Hope that helps