Looking for a Phono pre around 1K

Hey all,
My system,
VPI hw-19 mkIII, premier mmt arm, Ortofon bronze 2m, Yaqin 100b KT-88 push pull, Focal 1008be2
I've had :
Cambridge audio 640p that I modded (power supply, opamp sockets, ) 
Sound: ok , not much soundstage or detail
Yaqin ms23b tube. 
Sound; more soundstage, better delineation of vocals and room ambience, still sounds a bit muffled/recessed.

I know those are on the inexpensive side, but after upgrading my speakers to the Focals. I'm hearing hints of things in the recordings that, I'm positive, with a better phono pre could be more fleshed out.

I listen to mainly rock/pop (Bowie, Stones, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, Carly Simon, jazz)

If I could stay under 1K that would be great.

I'd like more definition, without losing the sweetness of tubes, I know I don't have any tube stages on there but…
I'd like the ability to use a MC cart as well 9I have a Denon 160)
My list so far:
Musical Fidelity - MX-VYNL Mm/Mc
Sutherland - Insight Phono Preamplifier
Musical Surroundings - Nova II
PS Audio Phono Converter (would be great to rip the records)

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks
mdelrossi1
Post removed 
Look into an Allnic H-1200 used for about $900.  It is very dynamic, and good at all the other audiophile goodies.  It also allows you to use a low output MC or high output cartridges.  It does use some small tubes.   I would venture it is a better sounding phono preamp than most anything south of $1800.
Modwright has a new ss phono stage coming (very?) soon that sounds interesting.... 

Have you seen the Sutherland PH3D? Runs on a pack of 16 D cells. Playing time
is said to be 1200 hours and has been derived from more expensive units by
this company.
The Transcendent Sound Phono Preamp is very well regarded, although factory-assembled it's $ 1099 . Under $900 for the kit if you can do it yourself . Only 2 gain stages ,all triodes . Many say it's still the best product he offers . Worth a look ?