Time for Two Ways !

There are as many types of speakers are there are human languages and dialects, but we have to agree one of the most popular formats is the two way system, with a tweeter and mid-woofer.

Sure, they are imperfect, often limited in bass or dynamic range, but they have major advantages as well:

• Small Footprint
  • Small baffles
  • Single crossover point
  • Easier to integrate with a room’s acoustics

These are some general ideas. Of course, you don’t have to like 2-way speakers. You may prefer full-range single driver, ESL or 5-way beasts, but I hope we can please keep this thread 2-way friendly!

I’d love to hear from others about 2-way speakers you adore. Are you a 2-way only kind of audiophile?  How do you like yours? Horn loaded? Transmission line? Desktop?
erik_squires
The JBL L1 vintage speaker's made in 1992,  this speaker impressed me,  listening to buddy guy live had smooth extended detail, good bass punch, huge soundstage,  vocal's were very good,  6.5 diecast frame woofer,1" titanium tweeter,  cross over 3khz, frequency response is 47hz-27khz, sensitivity 87db, maximum power amplifier rating is 200 watts, dimensions-hwd=15.82 x 8.25 x 10", weight 20 pounds a piece 
I had a few nice two way speakers over the years; one of my favorites and one of the best per buck was the little floor standing, Gershman Cameleon. In a small to medium room they are very open and detailed with a deep and wide stage and very good imaging. They had clean highs, smooth, yet detailed midds (especially good on female vocals, strings and horns) and a very decent base, down to about 32 HZ. A speaker I could enjoy listening to at moderate levels for many hours without fatigue.
Jim
Has anyone checked out the Fritz speakers? All are two-ways and consistently garner favorable reviews. Just curious.
BTW: Once you add stands to two-ways they take up as much space as many tower speakers.
rja, Call Fritz. Great guy to talk to. I recently purchased two subs for under my "monitor stands" (small coffee tables), and this set up is much better than my floor standers. I just love the bottom end I'm getting now. This set up does take up as much room, but appears smaller due to the space under the tables. 
I have never heard Fritz, but he's picking great components and selling at bargain prices.

They are definitely speakers I would have to audition before spending more.