Looking for a Phono pre around 1K

Hey all,
My system,
VPI hw-19 mkIII, premier mmt arm, Ortofon bronze 2m, Yaqin 100b KT-88 push pull, Focal 1008be2
I've had :
Cambridge audio 640p that I modded (power supply, opamp sockets, ) 
Sound: ok , not much soundstage or detail
Yaqin ms23b tube. 
Sound; more soundstage, better delineation of vocals and room ambience, still sounds a bit muffled/recessed.

I know those are on the inexpensive side, but after upgrading my speakers to the Focals. I'm hearing hints of things in the recordings that, I'm positive, with a better phono pre could be more fleshed out.

I listen to mainly rock/pop (Bowie, Stones, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, Carly Simon, jazz)

If I could stay under 1K that would be great.

I'd like more definition, without losing the sweetness of tubes, I know I don't have any tube stages on there but…
I'd like the ability to use a MC cart as well 9I have a Denon 160)
My list so far:
Musical Fidelity - MX-VYNL Mm/Mc
Sutherland - Insight Phono Preamplifier
Musical Surroundings - Nova II
PS Audio Phono Converter (would be great to rip the records)

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks
mdelrossi1
I'm using the same cartridge and can without a doubt recommend the Decware ZP3. It's little over your budget but worth it in my opinion. The soundstage is superb and to me sounds very real and musical. No unwanted noise what so ever. Complete satisfaction.
In that price range I would consider the following brands: Graham Slee, Creek, Rothwell, Lehmann, Pro-Ject.

Agree except for the Pro-Ject.  I had a bad experience with their Tube-Box.  Basically it was no better than my integrated's phono stage.  I have had good results with Slee and ifi.  Better again is the Benedict Audio Hothead (I am using the MC version).

PS Audio Nuwave for $999.00 works for me. I'm using it with a Denon 103r MC going into an Audion 300b amp and Zu Soul Superfly speakers. Sounds great to me. 
Second the transcendent sound,
found it to be a fairly easy build w great sound