Losing Touch

You know sometimes I feel that I have lost touch with why I have been into audio/music since the 70's. I have been sitting at my computer this morning doing a bunch of nothing when I opened up Tidal and started cruising the "Masters" listings. I have The Cars "Candy-O" playing right now through my Audioengine 5+ and sub. Damn what fun. Do I have it playing too loud? Yup. The MUSIC is wonderful. The quality is great. Isn't this what it is all about? Getting into it fully. "Candy-O I need you so." Had to share. Have a good listen. 
jfd11
@brauser it is a Good one! Every time i admire "Gone to Earth" or "Octoberon" by Barclay James Harvest I wonder if my gentle and law-abiding dad (Communist) smirks at me from Heaven (his rules of conduct were as struct as you would imagine from the most devoted Catholics!) 
back to the original thread: I have a Tip! Get a boombox for under $100 and listen to Cars, Bee Gees, Enigma,... the way you listened as your younger self. I do not "get" Bee Gees or Enigma thru my hi-end, but $100 boombox with cassette recorded from CD is my "Time Machine". This does Not apply to my all-time fav Brahms under Bohm, I still have to figure this out...
Forgot to mention that my recent "enlightenment" of the beauties of analog cassettes happened upon my stambling  onto Stereo 2 Go forum. 
Can only speak for myself and observations of others over time. I enjoy putting mixers/playlists together and sharing with friends and family. There's some excellent music being recorded from Christian artists and I feel the heartfelt dedication coming through the recordings. I often mix secular music with the sacred (?) in that there are artists who have no profession of faith, but seem to be totally honest in there interpretation of life experiences. In fact, sometimes that honesty can be intensely moving and provides a path of Christian validation that could not be experienced by faith based artists alone. The tools of the audiophile are unique in that it provides a window to more clearly appreciate the artist's message. Having said that, though, I do agree that sometimes its rewarding to hear (especially) older music through a boom-box, public places or wherever.

"Forgot to mention that my recent "enlightenment" of the beauties of analog cassettes happened upon my stambling onto Stereo 2 Go forum"

Bingo!

So, do you think our Christian brothers took a look at the cover of the record on my original post? I'm just saying. Look, all I was posting about was enjoying the music without having gear anxiety. Do so. I don't care what you listen to.